Why become a member? ×

SOLD: British Ashdown ABM300 head + USA made cover :SOLD
£190

Sparky Mark

SOLD ***********************SOLD
Excellent condition British made Ashdown ABM300 head with (USA made by The Le Cover Co.) cover £190.
Based in Hertford. Cash on collection or localish delivery preferred.
[attachment=160370:ABM300Front.jpg][attachment=160371:ABM300Rear.jpg][attachment=160372:ABM300Rearcloseup.jpg][attachment=160373:ABMCover.jpg]

[attachment=160696:ABMinside1.jpg]
Thanks for looking.
SOLD******SOLD

Edited by Sparky Mark

[quote name='spud19870' timestamp='1397857245' post='2428104']
I was chatting to a guy in my local music store today and you might want to check the inside of the amp to see if the head of Ashdown has signed it. If so it might be worth hanging on to.
[/quote]
Thanks Spud. Why's that?

Yours is a first generation amp and I am told that not very many of these were made before they launched the EVO II ABM's.

As a result of the low amount of 1st gen heads made the Founder and Head of Ashdown would sign the amps off inside somewhere personally. Thus making your amp quite rare.

[quote name='spud19870' timestamp='1397930200' post='2428783']
Yours is a first generation amp and I am told that not very many of these were made before they launched the EVO II ABM's.

As a result of the low amount of 1st gen heads made the Founder and Head of Ashdown would sign the amps off inside somewhere personally. Thus making your amp quite rare.
[/quote]
I opened her up and there is a signature "David"? I know Mark Gooday was the main founder, not sure who David is though? I have added photo to original post. I have to say that the quality of parts and construction is really impressive.
Cheers spud.

You are quite welcome. Those amps were hand wired so that might be name of the guy who put yours together. Where as now they are essentially mass produced so the quality of workmanship may be different.

Anyway all the best with the sale and glad I could help.

Edited by spud19870

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is an absolute steal of an amp, if I didnt already have the 500 watt version, I'd be all over this.

Mine was originally in a combo (1 x 15), but was too heavy for my elderly back, so bought an amp sleeve from Ashdown to put it in. I paid £880 ish about 10 years ago, and that was a good price at the time for these quality hand made English amps. Still sounds really great, and prefer it to my Marshall VBA or my mates Ampeg SVT.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bassman Rich' timestamp='1401820279' post='2467266']
This is an absolute steal of an amp, if I didnt already have the 500 watt version, I'd be all over this.

Mine was originally in a combo (1 x 15), but was too heavy for my elderly back, so bought an amp sleeve from Ashdown to put it in. I paid £880 ish about 10 years ago, and that was a good price at the time for these quality hand made English amps. Still sounds really great, and prefer it to my Marshall VBA or my mates Ampeg SVT.
[/quote]

I agree. I have owned more amps than I can remember and this one has everything from a blendable valve pre, fully featured switchable EQ with variable octaver and 300 proper British watts which probably equate to a thousand of those weedy non British digital ones ;-)

• 3 months later...

[quote name='slap_it_hard' timestamp='1411937644' post='2564170']
Hiya,
What's theweight like on this please?

Also, whats the Ohm load, thanks!
[/quote]

Ashdown website says 12kg, minimum load 4 ohms.

Edited by Sparky Mark