Why become a member? ×

Well thas an interesting Horn

Owencf

The plastic trombone actually came way before the plastic trumpet, as getting piston valves to work is a big challenge where as a trombone is just a tube, so the friction issue of it wearing itself apart is much less apart. Was one of the first to play both at trade shows when they were shown to the public.

My buddy has a pBone and I've been meaning to get one for a while! Great little things, especially for travelling and kids!

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1397143057' post='2421124']
I got my Bach trumpet for £40 but that was bargain of the century as far as I'm concerned!
[/quote]

Obviously prices have gone nuts since I played the trumpet, but that was about 120 years ago...

• 10 months later...

I've got one I use for travelling. The mouthpiece is lame, so I use my regular Rath one, but they are actually not bad at all!

A bit of a pain to maintain, but do it right and you barely need to look after them.

Really lightweight for younger ones. The Alto ones make great learner horns. I've an Alto one as well as a tenor as it's by far the cheapest way for me to delve into the Alto trombone world.

That said I'd say anything is light compared to my normal horn which is a double valve Bass trombone hah!

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1426297745' post='2716797']
Oops, my finger slipped... Delivery some time next week.

I should probably buy a mute, as well. Any recommendations?
[/quote]

The Dennis Wick ones are great, well designed and not too expensive. My main B-trom mute has been all around the world and never had a problem!

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1426437434' post='2718019']
The Dennis Wick ones are great, well designed and not too expensive. My main B-trom mute has been all around the world and never had a problem!
[/quote]

Excellent. Thank you very much :)