'79 USA CF Martin EB-18
£2600

Shaggy

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1503245840' post='3356657']
Two fabulous and unique basses!

GLWTS of the Martin btw...
[/quote]

Thanks Nik!

Going for the BC record for longest-running FS thread I reckon.... ;)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1503306899' post='3356979']
😀

Could be, but IIRC, I think cetera has had a Japanese P bass up for sale for over 3 years now..
[/quote]

Hadn't clocked that one, but his Spector Rex Brown is a length ahead of my thread: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/197657-spector-rex-20004-holoflash-thunderbird-and-upgrades/page__hl__rex%20brown - I may have to buy it just to nobble him ;) (and because it's actually a really nice bass....)

So nearly bought that one of yours recently FS Nik - can't remember details but I think it was a luthier build with vaguely Alembic shaped body? but I dithered too long and missed it.... :(

[quote name='Grahambythesea' timestamp='1503330654' post='3357320']
Played one of the Martin's once in Florida! Pretty meaty. Have you noticed the headstock is a Smurf! 😄
[/quote]

Lol - just as well it wasn't available in blue finish then! :)

I think Martin called the headstock design Viennese or Stauffer style, and it was s nod to the styling of the very first CF Martin guitars produced in Europe in the 19th century
Mini review here: http://coopsbassblog.squarespace.com/home/2011/11/4/1979-martin-eb-18.html

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Shaggy' timestamp='1503316748' post='3357085']

Hadn't clocked that one, but his Spector Rex Brown is a length ahead of my thread: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/197657-spector-rex-20004-holoflash-thunderbird-and-upgrades/page__hl__rex%20brown - I may have to buy it just to nobble him ;) (and because it's actually a really nice bass....)

So nearly bought that one of yours recently FS Nik - can't remember details but I think it was a luthier build with vaguely Alembic shaped body? but I dithered too long and missed it.... :(
[/quote]

Just bumped cetera's ad for him.. 😀

Not sure which of my basses you mean; was it the Hayman 4040 I sold about 4 or 5 months ago?

And a BUMP for your Martin too! 😊

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1505073726' post='3369336']
Just bumped cetera's ad for him..

Not sure which of my basses you mean; was it the Hayman 4040 I sold about 4 or 5 months ago?

And a BUMP for your Martin too!
[/quote]

Thanks Nik! :)
No it wasn't the Hayman (though that also tempted me), I've probably confused with another - too many gigs = too many brain cells gone

Good luck with the search for a tasty Thunderbird, and don't forget to post a selfie in the spandex strides..... ;)