• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, kevham said:

My collection as it currently stands:

2013 Spector Euro4 LX TW

1989 Washburn Status

1989 Hohner B2A

2017 Musicman Stingray 

IMG_20180918_143156386_HDR.jpg

I've never robbed a house before, but if I did...!!! That's pretty much my dream bass line up...

Would love a Spector or Music Man. I narrowly missed one of those Washburn's on fleabay a while back. Had a B2A with EMG pickups and it sounded amazing, just couldn't get on with the string spacing. Swap the B2A for a five string jazz and that's a collection I would be very happy with indeed!

Edited by uk_lefty

Loving the Sire. I've been toying with getting all sorts of basses but I love the sound of a jazz bridge pickup, I also wanted to see what having a fifth string would give me. I wanted a maple board and a decent active EQ. The Sire is great for me. Arrived perfectly set up and I think that has as much influence as anything, the action is ridiculously low and I run all over it quicker than my other basses. I barely touch the EQ, it sounds so good with everything at the middle, I don't EQ my amp or engage a preamp pedal now. It doesn't suit everything but I can calm the brightness and snappiness easily with the EQ. It was excellent value at just over £520 or whatever, feels as good a build quality as my Japanese Fender. If you're curious about them you won't regret buying one. 

Edited by uk_lefty

16 hours ago, kevham said:

My collection as it currently stands:

2013 Spector Euro4 LX TW

1989 Washburn Status

1989 Hohner B2A

2017 Musicman Stingray 

IMG_20180918_143156386_HDR.jpg

Awesome! I wasn't aware of lefty Washburn Status basses out there. Never seen one before! That Spector is gorgeous too. 

7 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Loving the Sire. I've been toying with getting all sorts of basses but I love the sound of a jazz bridge pickup, I also wanted to see what having a fifth string would give me. I wanted a maple board and a decent active EQ. The Sire is great for me. Arrived perfectly set up and I think that has as much influence as anything, the action is ridiculously low and I run all over it quicker than my other basses. I barely touch the EQ, it sounds so good with everything at the middle, I don't EQ my amp or engage a preamp pedal now. It doesn't suit everything but I can calm the brightness and snappiness easily with the EQ. It was excellent value at just over £520 or whatever, feels as good a build quality as my Japanese Fender. If you're curious about them you won't regret buying one. 

I had a Sire. I traded it to get the Stingray. The tuners were replaced within six months but the replacements were just as bad. Other than that, it was a good guitar.

3 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Awesome! I wasn't aware of lefty Washburn Status basses out there. Never seen one before! That Spector is gorgeous too. 

I've had the Washburn from new.  I've never seen another lefty so I guess it is quite rare.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My two current basses, a Fender US Professional Precision in Olympic White & a recently purchased Fender Player Precision in Tidepool. 

I bought the Player as back up, but to be honest I've been taking it to my recent gigs. Loving the slightly more modern sound & slimmer neck profile 🙂

IMG_20190428_123541820.jpg

28 minutes ago, graz66 said:

My two current basses, a Fender US Professional Precision in Olympic White & a recently purchased Fender Player Precision in Tidepool. 

I bought the Player as back up, but to be honest I've been taking it to my recent gigs. Loving the slightly more modern sound & slimmer neck profile 🙂

IMG_20190428_123541820.jpg

The Player series are pretty much faultless, how do the 2 compare Graz?