Why become a member? ×

Lefty Photo Gallery

sblueplanet

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought a new 4003 in Mapleglo in 2009. Loved the looks and tone, but really disliked the (lack of) ergonomics, the square feel of the neck and the bridge keep falling backwards in the tailpiece. Would love a 4003s one day, maybe with a Hipshot replacement bridge. 

• 3 weeks later...

The neck feels and plays identical to my V7 and VV7, preamp is also the same, the main difference is the body shape and the sound characteristics of the P pickup.

The tuners are also different from the ones that are on my V7's. Cheaper? Better or worse? I don't notice any difference in use.

The finish is very good, the preamp is extremely versatile and there are no sharp fret ends.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I keep them all. 😀

I don't consider them a collection, they all have their different characteristics and sound possibility's and all get played, a few get more play time than others but I keep them as players.

Lefty's are a sort of rare beasts so if I run into one I like for a price I'm willing to spend on it I just buy it, you might never see one like it again!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/06/2018 at 10:56, blablas said:

pb-50.jpg
Lefty Harley Benton Fiesta Red PB-50, ordered one eight months ago right after it was announced, today it finally arrived!

Still waiting on mine.  How are they, blablas?  I know they had an issue with using the wrong spaced bridges not long ago, it seems yours has the correct bridge.

I've seen several lefty's come by on several bass forums and the only minor issue they all have is that the strings don't align neatly over all four pickup polepieces (the spacing between the polepieces is less than the string spacing) however if the strings align centered over the pickup it doesn't influence the sound at all.

Edited by blablas
typo