Why become a member? ×

What does £300 buy you

Twincam

Ok thanks for the suggestions. To narrow it down I'm looking for something easy available I don't want to have to wait months or weeks etc for something to come up, else I will just spend my money on fast women, alcohol and gambling which in today's world means it will last me an hour (if I'm lucky) lol.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1396668879' post='2416267']
I don't want to have to wait months or weeks etc for something to come up, else I will just spend my money on fast women, alcohol and gambling which in today's world means it will last me an hour (if I'm lucky) lol.
[/quote]

Buy and drink lots of cheap alcohol first, then you'll be far too pissed for women and gambling. Works every time.

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1396594923' post='2415407']
This.

I picked up an immaculate '11 Mexican Precision for less than your budget in the FS section here. If I remember rightly there is a lovely LPB P for sale for around the same price right now.
[/quote]

Not any more........ B)

There's plenty of bargains to be picked up in the "For Sale" section on this site. It seems the second hand bass market isn't as alive as it used to be and bass / guitar playing isn't that much in fashion so even new instruments seem to be less than I remember them (unless that's just me?)! Some bargains to be had!

[quote name='72deluxe' timestamp='1396957974' post='2419065']
I suppose you're right, but does the number of guitar/bass players outnumber the number of laptop musicians doing electric drums and synth music? :)
[/quote]

I'd say everyone with a laptop is a laptop musician, including all the guitar/bass players! :D

Edited by discreet

[quote]Quite apart from any useful advice you get here, go to the Basses For sale sub-forum and stick '£300' in the search box. Pulls up a really mixed bag of stuff[/quote]

It is a shame the forum does not have the function to search that section by inputting a max price - it would prove mighty useful for people searching on a budget instead of trawling pages of stuff out of range.

Cheers,
Rich

I'd wait a little bit longer until you can afford an Epiphone Thunderbird Classic IV Pro ([url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/epiphone-thunderbird-classic-iv-usa-pickups-vintage-sunburst/57335"]Link[/url]) - I think this bass sounds astounding for the price and it even has the original Gibson TBird Pickups in them. That's a deal.

I'm no expert, but I wonder if a second hand Fender Modern Player is worth a look. They seem to sell for £250-280 on ebay. I'm no connoisseur, but when I A/B'd a trans black MP with USA made Fenders, I thought the MP held up extremely well. I'd personally be interested in other people's opinions on this option.

There is someone trying to sell an Overwater Aspiriation Artist around my way. They're asking £160, and appear to be having no luck finding a buyer.

[quote name='Diablo' timestamp='1397254497' post='2422354']
It is a shame the forum does not have the function to search that section by inputting a max price - it would prove mighty useful for people searching on a budget instead of trawling pages of stuff out of range.
[/quote]

Seconded.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='MarkWJenkins' timestamp='1397295956' post='2422510']
Well I've managed to secure a Fanndec 6 string from the for sale section on here for £265 inc delivery. Currently awaiting its arrival. So excited I could actually dance haha!!!
[/quote]

Pics, or your dance didn't happen. ;)

[quote name='MarkWJenkins' timestamp='1397296205' post='2422514']
...as soon as it arrives and I've given it a good going over, I shall be posting some pics and a quick review.
[/quote]

Very good. But we'll still need to see the dance pics. A video would be better. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Alternatively, have a look at some 80's Ibanez and Aria. Some great instruments there with the kudos and mojo of an oldie.

Aria SB600, Ibanez ATK, Westone Thunder 2/3, Status (Groove), Washburn (Jap models), Yamaha BB, Musicman Sterling Rays,

There are so many really decent basses out there these days for not a lot of money, just got to decide on your sound, image and what music
you think you will be playing.

Overall you can't go wrong with a Jazz Bass (Squier, Mex, China)
Reversebird