Why become a member? ×

New (old) Bass Day.

Lozz196

Well today I got my black/black/maple `78 Precision back, just about a year after I sold her. Only sold her in the first place as both bands I was in had an image of white guitars only, and it was a waste having such a good bass and not using it. But this bass has the best tone of any Precision I`ve ever had - and that`s quite a few folks - so when our very own Risingson put her up, I had to get her back. Today is a happy day :). And the pics, to prove it are below!

[attachment=159232:IMG-20121021-00007.jpg][attachment=159233:IMG-20121021-00009.jpg]

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1396469252' post='2414130']
Identical to the one Jean Jacques Burnel had or still has. Lovely
[media]http://youtu.be/Cje1W6iGesw[/media]
[/quote]

What a f*cking bass sound... :gas: :D

Cheers for the comments guys, much appreciated. A quick update, put a fresh set of Roto Steel Rounds on earlier and have just got back from practice. Was a bit concerned that the neck might be a bit on the deep side for playing fast, and that I might have over-exaggerated how good the sound was in my mind.

However no issues at all, plays fantastic, sounds great, and a fair bit different to my other Precisions, which are 2008 Series. It just seems more even in the sound both in tone, and across the strings, and digging in really gets the sound going. Now I`m not going to say I play like JJB, but I can see where a lot of his sound comes from, it`s how you play the bass, and this one reacts really well to the dynamics of my playing.

Upshot, I was happy last week when I finalised the deal, was really happy yesterday when she arrived, and am over the moon today at how well she works for me in my band. So much so I`m more than likely looking at selling the others, only need my Korean Squier as backup.

Yes! Excellent instrument, sadly the money has paid off other things. She came to Sweden and Switzerland with me. The neck profile is so chunky but something I'll be looking for in my next P-Bass purchase, works for me just great. Enjoy having it back, I'll really miss her.