Why become a member? ×

SOLD *** 1971 Fender Jazz Bass
£2900

drums1977

For sale my 1971 Jazz Bass, sunburst finish, tortoise pickguard, rosewood fingerboard with pearl inlays and binding. We see one of these from time to time at the forum, but rarely as clean and complete as this lady. The only modification I have spotted is a small extra hole in the pickguard (to place the thumbrest above the strings). I have looked for something else that is not original but I can't find anything. Knobs, pots, cables, pickups, finish, frets, even solder joints seem good. Thumbrest and covers too. And OHSC. The sound of this bass is legendary, the pickups are loud and warm, perfect Jazz Bass tone. The truss rod is good, and the neck is very straight. She is a light one: only 4.1 kg.

[url="http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/roquefort2000/media/1971%20Jazz%20Bass/IMG_1072_zpsc55ea10f.jpg.html"][/url]

Many high resolution photos here (don't forget to click on the zoom-in icon, these photos are huge):

[url="http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/roquefort2000/library/1971%20Jazz%20Bass?sort=3&page=1"][b][size=5]GALLERY[/size][/b][/url]

I will be sad when she is gone. Only trades I would consider are (maybe) older Fenders.

Edited by drums1977

[quote name='Jazz Bass 65' timestamp='1397242648' post='2422232']
Drums 1977 It's Pre CBS (1965) and transition period that serious collectors go for.
[/quote]

Thanks for the note! I suppose this bass could be "collected", but in my opinion she deserves to be played and recorded. It sounds and plays amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Drums 1977 It's Pre CBS (1965) and transition period that serious collectors go for.
[/quote]

Jazz Bass 65 - TV logo-era basses are very sought after at the moment. Not to the degree of the basses you mention, but they're still very collectable... especially in this condition.

[/quote]

I've played a few pre-CBS Jazz basses and still the best I've come across is my friend's '70/'71. Well made and currently very collectable.

Thanks mates! Just for the record, I own one of those "very sought-after" 1966 Jazz bass, typical transition model (dots and binding fingerboard). Well, this 71 is in every respect as great as that other one. Light, resonant, and the PUs sound stunning. Construction-wise is quite simply a perfect Jazz Bass. And the condition is one of the best I have seen.

[quote name='chuck_stones' timestamp='1399500062' post='2444919']
Where is this beauty located? I'm in the process of trying to flog an appendage or two to raise funds ;) ...will keep you posted!
[/quote]

Malaga, Spain. Shipping is safe and fast ;)