Why become a member? ×

Alembics? Talk to me.

cocco

[quote name='rednose200' timestamp='1406058535' post='2507968']
I have owned and played many basses in my time, but I always seem to keep going back to my Rogue. It has that unique Alembic tone that no other bass can provide. Both live and in the studio it never fails to cut through the mix. Yes they are expensive, but in my opinion they are worth the outlay. There is not one dead note on the neck. Every note sounds perfect. Your technique has to be pretty decent though. It will punish sloppy playing. You must be precise with your fingering. It is sometimes quite noticeable when I let the odd friend try it. Usually Fender players actually. Ah well. Personally I will never part with mine, unless a higher end model comes my way. That said I'm not keen on Series models. Maybe the MK, but that's about it to be honest. Set up is also extremely important and they are prone to neck variations due to temperature and humidity. I do my own set ups and it does take far longer than other basses. The dual truss rods take a bit of getting used to when setting up, but if you take your time and have patience, you can achieve a perfect action as per your own taste. Anyway there's my two penneth. All best.

[/quote]

I'm no fan of the classic series large body style but if you like the rogues alembic can make you one with series electronics or you may be fortunate and find one used.
[url="http://www.alembic.com/info/fc_gwathnar.html"]http://www.alembic.com/info/fc_gwathnar.html[/url]

• 2 years later...