Why become a member? ×

Genz st 900 bulb/led relacement cost

richardd

Hi does anyone know the cost from The fender repair centre for the replacement fix of a faulty led/bulb on a Streamliner 900. Fender service are not working today so cannot ask until Monday.Thanks Rich

Edited by richardd

Without wishing to hi-jack this thread, I'm having an issue where the blue back light is not coming on (can take up to 30 mins to eventually come on). Sometimes I get no sound as well, which I initially thought was a temperature problem but now not so sure. Anyone else experiencing this?

As far as I can tell the tubes are working, there is certainly no drop in volume.

As I mentioned on the other thread, mine just comes back on when it can be good and arsed. Occasionally I'll switch it on at a gig and it won't light up, but after a few minutes, it's always on.

At switch-on, there'll be no sound for a short while (depending on temperature) while the valves warm up (and there's a light to tell you that), but that should take no more than a minute. Anything longer than that would indicate something wrong somewhere.

Glad I'm not the only one, I think it's time for a call to Mark at bass Direct, see where I take it from there.

Hope this is fixable, they are the best compact amp I've used, wouldn't want to look for an alternative now.

I had no problems with it, had it about two years then suddenly, after a particularly cold night (it had been left in rehearsal room over night) it just developed the same symptoms you described.

Dude, had the same problem. Had bought mine second hand, contacted Fender, new set of LEDS arrived 3 days later free of charge

You just need someone handy (and careful) with a soldering Iron

Edited by bridge

mine was returned under warranty via Mark at Bass Direct to Fender UK who were exceptionally fast at returning to me within a few days.
I was very impressed both with Mark and Fender UK.
Mines was blue led had failed. No issue with sound at all.
Great little amp.

Dave