Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Phil Jones Pure Sound 4B Piranha Ext Cab
£399

[b][u][color="#ff0000"]SOLD[/color][/u][/b]

I'm sure the majority of readers won't need me to type endless plaudits and spec regarding this.
Essentially an extension cab for Phil Jones Pure Sound Combo's.

Phil Jones sums them up thusly:

[center]"With four 5" drivers, 2 channels, 5 band EQ and 200 watts at 8 ohms, the Suitcase is perfect for most gigs. However, some gigs just require more. Simply add the 4B and you've transformed the Suitcase into the Bitchcase with eight 5" drivers and 300 watts at 4 ohms. The same low end high fidelity, but in a portable stack that moves, grooves and proves…that Phil Jones defines Pure Sound for bass".[/center]

That's all you need to know really.

Condition: Excellent. Hardly used and never abused.
Included: Phil Jones Piranha cabinet cover and 2m Speakon connector.
Shipped in: Original box which is very well padded.
Shipping cost: UK shipping: Free. International shipping: Let me know where you are and I will get a quote.
Payment: Bank transfer please.
Price new: They seem to be going for around £459
Questions: Feel free to PM me

[center] [/center]

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='reggieboomboom' timestamp='1399922311' post='2449039']
Hi mate, can this be used as a normal cab straight to amp?
[/quote]
Hi there. Having consulted the manual (which you can find on the PJB web site) it doesn't say you can't. What it does say is the Pirahna cabs are "ideally" suited to PJB amplifiers. How much of that is marketing I don't know. Someone must have tried it. Hopefully someone will enlighten us!

The site is worth looking at as it has the cab ratings on there as well.

Hi.
I powered one of these up with an Orange Terror Bass amp. Not for very long admittedly but it all seemed to work okay. I have the cab to go with a suitcase but was a little curious about having an alternative combination. Hope this helps.

[quote name='2004gdavi' timestamp='1399968066' post='2449333']
Hi.
I powered one of these up with an Orange Terror Bass amp. Not for very long admittedly but it all seemed to work okay. I have the cab to go with a suitcase but was a little curious about having an alternative combination. Hope this helps.
[/quote]
Thanks for the info. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be OK long term.