Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Sei Original 6 string headless #008
£1500

kyboo

Hi guys,

[size=5][b]SOLD[/b][/size]

Up for grabs this wicked headless bass. It is a piece of history made probably somewhere around 1998. As much as I would like to keep it, I can't reasonably justify having it. I bought it off ebay and it was well worn. I took it to the bass gallery to give it a bit of tender love and care. It was refinished and it now looks amazing! Preamp was also swapped out for ACG EQ 02 which makes this bass mind-bogglingly versatile instrument.

[b]Some specs:[/b]
34 inch scale, 16mm spacing but can be slightly adjusted at the bridge. 53mm at the zero fret.
7 piece neck - wenge and maple, 24 frets
macassar ebony fingerboard
5 piece body, ash body,
walnut veneer front and back, gloss finish, high figure facings.

Kent Armstrong pickups (singles I believe) with coil tap/phase switches on each.

I don't have a weight scale but it is the lightest bass I came across.

I can be tempted for a trade with ACG. Other than that I am after the cash.

I can post it in a Hiscox case but I would prefer if a new owner sees it in flesh before buying. I am in London.

This picture was taken before the re-finish. I will post more pictures later on.

Photos taken after the re-finish:

I just realised I forgot to screw back the bridge pickup screw. Silly me.

Edited by kyboo

I remember drooling over Sei basses when they first appeared in a bass mag years ago. Lovely mate.

I can feel safely gas free as its a 6 er but I would imagine this will go quick

GLWTS!

looks very similar to my 5 (ser no 11) best bass I have ever owned/played, sadly cash poor at the moment, will have to think of some trades ( are you into mountain or road bikes by any chance as well as basses) whoever gets this will not be dissapointed, glwts bump.

Edited by wrinkleygit

[quote name='alembic1989' timestamp='1395602802' post='2404243']
Lovely bass.
What is the string spacing?...and are you looking to trade at all?
[/quote]

Thanks. The string spacing is 16mm but it does not feel cramped at the nut. The spacing can be slightly adjusted on the bridge.

As to trades I can be tempted by ACG but other than that I am after the cash.

Thanks for nice comments guys. I feel bad for ziggy though :( Not sure if I should upload more pictures. Seems like I am torturing the guy :(

Edited by kyboo