Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: DIngwall Combustion 5 Mint condition
£950

ead

[b]F/T (or F/S): Mint condition Dingwall Combustion 5[/b]

This is a 2009 model in absolutely immaculate condition with no scratches, dings or missing finish that has been fully cleaned and a new set of Dingwall strings fitted.

I have upgraded the pickups to the improved B Booster type as used in the Combustion II costing £150. The original pickups come with the bass too.

[b]SPECIFICATIONS:[/b][list]
[*]Dingwall made in Canada FD3 pickups - (now upgraded to B Booster pickups)
[*]EMG USA BT07 2-band pre-amp,
[*]Dingwall USA strings
[*]Alder body - 3 tone sunburst
[*]Optional Grey Pearloid pickguard (£45 option)
[*]Rosewood Fingerboard – 37" - 34" scale
[*]Bone nut
[*]Banjo frets
[*]NOVAX® FANNED-FRET SYSTEM
[*]Five piece maple neck
[*]Controls - Volume, Volume, Treble, Bass
[*]Weight 3.9kg/8lb 10oz
[/list]
The bass comes with a decent quality padded gig bag.

I acquired the bass firstly to ‘scratch an itch’ regarding the fanned fret system (of which I am now a complete convert :) ), and secondly to try my hand at a 5-string (rather less successful :( ). The bass is now for trade for something with 4 strings (or for outright sale).

As for trade options it’s probably easier to set a few ground rules and then see what turns up:[list]
[*]Must be a 4-string please
[*]Much prefer a natural finish or a burst
[*]Nothing too heavy, up to about 9lbs or so max
[*]Fretted or fretless
[/list]
Cash either way is fine although I would probably prefer to trade up rather than down. Thanks for looking and here are the pics.

[attachment=158342:Dingwall Combustion 5 02.jpg]

Edited by ead

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1395510574' post='2403260']
I acquired the bass firstly to ‘scratch an itch’ regarding the fanned fret system (of which I am now a complete convert :) ), and secondly to try my hand at a 5-string (rather less successful :( ). The bass is now for trade for something with 4 strings (or for outright sale).
[/quote]

That's a real shame, I remember reading on the Dingwall forum recently how excited you were when you got it.

I know, gutted tbh :(.

I guess the ideal for me would be a Combustion 4 if such a beastie existed. All the current 4-string Dingwalls are very pricey though and there don't appear to be any 'pre-loved' ones in my price range.

Edited by ead

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1395839598' post='2406899']
I guess the ideal for me would be a Combustion 4 if such a beastie existed. All the current 4-string Dingwalls are very pricey though and there don't appear to be any 'pre-loved' ones in my price range.
[/quote]

Yes, you're right, no such thing as a Combustion 4. Sheldon might be missing a trick there in his 'affordable' range.

Meanwhile, while you're looking for an alternative, have another try at getting used to a 5 string. Believe me, if anyone can, I can!
I deliberated over buying my Sklar for ages; decide not to buy it at first because it had 'too many strings'! But in the end I took the plunge.
I've been working at it since Christmas, making the transition to 5 strings. It's not been easy, but for the first time the other day, I picked up one of my (many) 4 strings, and it felt like it 'didn't have enough strings'

So... don't be too hasty, eh? ;)

Just had a thought; - it might not be possible on a Dingwall, because of the scale lengths; but could you restring it E A D G C?

Edited by Gazza 2905

So I suppose by your address this is in Lancs and you are not that interested in posting? I would be very interested in this but a) I am in Yeovil and B) I would have to sell my Gibson first (which is on eBay as we speak).
If that happens any time soon I will certainly contact you!