Why become a member? ×

NBD X2: jaydee mark king and fender geddy lee

marcus bell

These both got delivered to me today at around 11am, and I had work at 12 so I only got a quick look then had to shoot off, imagine my wait whilst I was at work to get home and play the things :)

Anyways first up is a Japanese fender geddy lee jazz bass in black
Great bass, solid fender jazz tone, can do the whole Marcus thing, Aswell as a lovely jazzy jaco ish tone that I just love! Didn't like the white plate so took it off until I can get a black one :)

Number two, jaydee supernatural mark king series 3 in an interesting pearl green colour
What a great example! The chrome hardware was looking a bit dirty and unloved so I stripped the bridge and everything else and polished it up, before setting the instrument up the way I like it, straight neck, very low action, then Intonate etc :), looks so much better now especially for an instrument that is 27 years old :), 4 years older than me haha!

Both basses will definitely need new strings and I want to get one of those 5 guitar rack things so I can leave them out in my room, but except that my gas levels really are reducing all the time :)

Will get pictures up as soon as I can ;), probably lunchtime tomorrow

Thanks guys, hope all is well

Great news, Marcus.

I've never seen a pearl green JD, but I do remember when the pearl, colours like pink, blue and yellow were introduced in about 1987. A bit disturbingly in retrospect , those colours complimented rather well a lot of the clothes that people were wearing at the time .

I hope you get many years of pleasure from your new acquisitions. But then again, the odds aren't good.

OK, so its a Mark King model with a funk groove, so almost certainly a S2 and probably from around '85-87. The serial number should be five digits with the first number representing the year so by way of example a serial number like 71141 would be from 1987 and roughly the 1141st instrument made.

On thinking about it a 84 or 85 might have a lead zero, so 04XXX or 05XXX where XXX is the number of instruments made.

Edited by GeeCee