Why become a member? ×

Help with WinISD, please?

geoffbyrne

[quote name='Balcro' timestamp='1395531423' post='2403516']
I'm running winISD Pro Alpha v 0.50a7 and I get an identical result. Quite why Eminence recommend, an enclosure volume between 51 & 119 litres I don't know, but they do. I only found 1 version download on the Linearteam web-site, but I'll try it on my other computer with W7.
[/quote]I don't have the Eminence software, so I can't run it to see what it does. I know that Eminence tends to recommend a smaller box size, IMO probably for marketing reasons. The W7 version isn't on the Linear Team site, it's at
https://www.facebook.com/WinISD/posts/126113234166443?stream_ref=10

Hi Balcro, great job mate. restricting the port area looked good to me too but I haven't had time to run the modelling.

I agree with Bill about the Eminence box sizes and marketing. A lot of their extensive range of speakers look like cut and shut jobs to me. A kit of off the shelf parts which are bolted together to make a new model. The T/S parameters of some of them are often a bit odd anyway and won't fit easily into any sensible cabinet. Many of them have Qts quite high and aren't really very suitable for ported cabs of a practical size, which would make them less saleable. Put them in a smaller cabinet and they'll work, at the expense of rolling off at a relatively high frequency and an upper bass hump in the frequency response.

• 4 years later...