Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4003 wiring diagram

Delberthot

I've recently picked up a faker with dodgy wiring and am trying to find a Rick wiring diagram. I've found the schematic on the Rick website but I can't read schematics.

Apparently the diagram on the Seymour Duncan website is different to the actual Rick wiring.

The Rickresource has threads asking about this with a response of "This has been asked before, check previous threads" but there ain't no search function that I can find.

I'm not looking to do the vintage wiring with the pull pot that is on the current model. I've been everywhere I can think of but can't find a readable diagram anywhere.

I have all the parts on order but no wiring diagram - can anyone help?

Reading schematics - especially for passive bass and guitar controls - is easy as there are only a handful of different components used, and then once you know what they are it's easier to see what is going on in terms of signal flow and to understand why two very similar wiring diagrams give different sonic results.

Maybe if you posted a link to the schematic you found someone will be kind enough to decipher it for you.

I saw that one but it looks different to the pictures I've seen. I'm sure it's right though. I've studied various pictures and this is what I have so far

I just need to work out the ROS wiring for the jacks

[URL=http://s927.photobucket.com/user/Delberthot/media/Rick4003_zpsf54b9af0.jpg.html][IMG]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad111/Delberthot/Rick4003_zpsf54b9af0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Wouldn't bother with Ric resource if you have a copy, they aren't kind to you/ them.

In in the same position as you (copy, looking to change electronics). The biggest difference with out copies is they don't have the 3rd cap in there (which the push pull allows you to take out).
I would expect you to lose output and low end by adding this, which you would do if you are going to Ric wiring.
Let us know how you get on!
Out interest what value pots did you go with?

I'm just waiting for the last of the bits to arrive so will attempt it this weekend. I went with the 250k volume and 500k tone pots and I still have a big bag of paper in oil caps so I'm using them.

I'm not wiring in the third cap and the push/pull pot as I prefer the sound with it out of the equation. I'll post my results at the weekend.

Bren do I take it that the one you put up there with the plain pot added is the actual one to rewire a 4003 to standard to get a properly functioning push/pull modern v vintage tone circuit. I've just bought a 4003 that someone's hacked, and I want it back to stock. I like the option of the vintage 4001ish tone and the modern thumpier tone

[quote name='Ratae Corieltauvorum' timestamp='1396560865' post='2415227']
Bren do I take it that the one you put up there with the plain pot added is the actual one to rewire a 4003 to standard to get a properly functioning push/pull modern v vintage tone circuit. I've just bought a 4003 that someone's hacked, and I want it back to stock. I like the option of the vintage 4001ish tone and the modern thumpier tone
[/quote]
Yes I believe thats the mod to get the vintage tone on a push/pull (although I didn't bother with it personally).