Why become a member? ×

British Built MJW 200w all-valve custom monster ***New Guts Shot 30th Nov*** It's Done!!!!

Sean

[quote name='HotelEcho' timestamp='1416102649' post='2606974']
Are you going to get your Big Twin done up in the same seafoam tolex...?
[/quote]

It's going to be impossible to put tolex over the tuffcab paint so I'll probably try a few cans of Canbrush Surf Green at some point.

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1416258233' post='2608457']
Nice box!

Apologies for OT but...I wonder if he'd do power scaling on my Burman...?
[/quote]
He's busy but I've no doubt he'd do it. Smashing guy to deal with too.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1416133850' post='2607109']
It's going to be impossible to put tolex over the tuffcab paint so I'll probably try a few cans of Canbrush Surf Green at some point.
[/quote]

Tuffcab is available in RAL colours AFAIK to order. Contact Aldcroft and see what they have to say, - https://www.facebook.com/aldcroftadhesives

Great looking amp, and whilst listening to the Who gets me thinking I must get the Sound City fired up.

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1417343507' post='2619237']

Tuffcab is available in RAL colours AFAIK to order. Contact Aldcroft and see what they have to say, - https://www.facebook.com/aldcroftadhesives

Great looking amp, and whilst listening to the Who gets me thinking I must get the Sound City fired up.
[/quote]
Can you put Tuffcab on over another layer? Won't it be too thick?

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1417372055' post='2619670']
Can you put Tuffcab on over another layer? Won't it be too thick?
[/quote]

Good question. On my homebuilt BFM I used several layers which seemed to build up and work well (black). Guess it depends how many layers of green are needed to hide the black. Somewhere on BC I recall mention of Alex refurbishing a cab. Give him a call, see what he thinks. I wonder whether the green (and any ligh colour) would show scuffs and marks quickly but that is just conjecture, no evidence either way.

Edited by 3below

The long awaited and anticipated guts shot!
[IMG]http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd462/Stoker1/imagejpg2_zps8ed1ec66.jpg[/IMG]

Video review to be done over Christmas.

To give you an idea of what it can do, it's got one vintage channel and one filthy modern channel. It's got a voice selector like a GT200, which on this amp has some very different characteristics and one of the settings makes it a pretty good guitar amp(zilla). It's 205 watts clean and switchable down to two valves from four and also can be run at half power so half power can be achieved by running all four valves at half power or two valves at full power. Very different flavours. There's also the two valve half power setting, which is amazing and I think it's brilliant for recording. The DI is very hot. That's all I'm saying for now.