Why become a member? ×

Fdeck clone, made in UK

Clarky

I recently started a thread about getting hold of an fdeck HPF-Pre (which are not available for sale in the UK). It was pointed out that a custom builder in the UK could make a copy as the fdeck owner, Francis Deck, is happy to make his electrical design public.

BC'er Andyonbass mentioned that he had just had a clone built by Dan from custom pedal builder 4114 http://4114customeffects.co.uk/ so I contacted Dan and around two weeks later this arrived:

[attachment=157862:DSCF0691.JPG]

Its very solidly (metal) encased and - although I haven't used it on a gig yet (was ill with flu over the weekend) - from home experimentation it seems to be just the ticket. Cost me £73 including postage which I consider very good value for such a useful pedal and given how solid and well-made it appears to be. Even has my name on it! You can of course still get hold of an fdeck from friendly US-based TalkBass brethren but this arrived much more quickly, had no issues over import duty and exchange rates and is exceptionally sturdy.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the heads up on these Clarky.
I ordered one of Dan last week and it's turned up today. It's a "Kenny from Southpark" inspired version also with my name on it. It's the OMG-TKK version :lol:
I don't play upright but bought to save my Berg 112's from excessive cone movement amongst other things.
I've tried it briefly at home on my lunch break and so far it seems to do what it says on the tin. It looks a very well item and to be honest, i couldn't be any happier with it.
I'll post a pic up later tonight when I get home from work.
B)

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 17/03/2014 at 13:16, Clarky said:

I recently started a thread about getting hold of an fdeck HPF-Pre (which are not available for sale in the UK). It was pointed out that a custom builder in the UK could make a copy as the fdeck owner, Francis Deck, is happy to make his electrical design public.

BC'er Andyonbass mentioned that he had just had a clone built by Dan from custom pedal builder 4114 http://4114customeffects.co.uk/ so I contacted Dan and around two weeks later this arrived:

[attachment=157862:DSCF0691.JPG]

Its very solidly (metal) encased and - although I haven't used it on a gig yet (was ill with flu over the weekend) - from home experimentation it seems to be just the ticket. Cost me £73 including postage which I consider very good value for such a useful pedal and given how solid and well-made it appears to be. Even has my name on it! You can of course still get hold of an fdeck from friendly US-based TalkBass brethren but this arrived much more quickly, had no issues over import duty and exchange rates and is exceptionally sturdy.

Hi have got more details on this please and have you still got a picture 

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just link this thread I started last year to this current one. A few of us had clones built by Dan and I use mine every week with no issues. 

He will build it to whatever spec you want, I had mine built  without the volume control and changed the battery clip for a 9v input socket. 

Edited by Maude

26 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Is a 9v input socket any good at holding a battery?

O.o

Not really, but I've made up a little adapter with a battery clip on one end and a plug on the other that will fit into the 9v socket so it's all good :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...