Why become a member? ×

Bravewood Jaco "Punk Jazz" ** SOLD **
£1350

dudi8

Selling this amazing bass
its a recreation of the famous jaco fender jazz bass, it has an ebony fingerboard,reverse tuners, custom wound Pre-Cbs Bare knuckles pickups
ive had the fender signature jaco and the fender custom shop, but this one is the most stunning recreation I've seen, sound wise and visually
and its super lightweight with one of the thinnest necks I've played!

price: 1350 pounds shipped fully insured (No trades)

Edited by dudi8

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1394980930' post='2397293']
Oh David, you're just just killing me.
The Alembic and now this!!
[/quote]

hahaha ;)
but if this will sell before the alembic, then i will withdraw the alembic :)

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1394980975' post='2397295']
Is this the one with the epoxy board that was on here before?
[/quote]

i bought it from TOMAS
its not an epoxy, its an ebony fingerboard with oil finish on it, stunning...

[quote name='Biaeothanata-Bassist' timestamp='1395152705' post='2399234']
Can I just ask what the 4 holes between the bridge and bridge pick up were for? I can see the pick guard, pick up cover, bridge cover and thumb rest holes but don't know what those 4 are for?

Stunning bass btw, good luck with the sale :)
[/quote]

string muters... :) (i don't have them)

Thanks!

Edited by dudi8

What I see there is 2 systems, the one assotiated with the holes are the metalsprings that have white felt on the end and Lets you set the dampening of each individual string... Like a musicman string almost... But then iTS not part if the bridge.. This is what the first jazzes had, prolly too expensive, later and this is the second system the was a rubber strip mounted in the inside of the bridge cover, those basses also will not have the holes between the bridge and bridge pickup ofcourse...

I find myself in the unlucky situation having two fs ATM otherwise I would already have bought it... sh*t!:(

[quote name='Sumatra' timestamp='1395302804' post='2400769']
did the Jaco's one had the ebony as well or was it epoxied rosewood?
[/quote]

jaco had a rosewood which in some stage he epoxied cause the rotos were killing the fingerboard, the epoxy makes a little bit loss of the sound of wood (i had 2 fender jacos with epoxy) , thats why they built it with ebony, to preserve the sound of the wood and protect the fingerboard from the markings

[quote name='dudi8' timestamp='1395304499' post='2400804']
thats why they built it with ebony, to preserve the sound of the wood and protect the fingerboard from the markings
[/quote]

Actually ebony sounds slightly different from epoxied rosewood right? For some reason i tend to believe, but I'd need to test side by side, that ebony is slightly more defined on the mid/high end, somewhat more modern sounding and a little less growly than rosewood.

Do you have the same impression?

Cheers
Luca

[quote name='Sumatra' timestamp='1395306561' post='2400838']
Actually ebony sounds slightly different from epoxied rosewood right? For some reason i tend to believe, but I'd need to test side by side, that ebony is slightly more defined on the mid/high end, somewhat more modern sounding and a little less growly than rosewood.

Do you have the same impression?

Cheers
Luca
[/quote]

actually i think ebony got a stigma about the modern sound because its been used with all the big custom shop builders today, but ebony came from upright bass (my thoughts anyway :)
i find it a lot more growling than the pau ferro fingerboard on the fender signature or the rosewood with epoxy like on the fender custom shop, but again thats my opinion :)

Edited by dudi8