Why become a member? ×

Micro Battery Powered Amp

James Nada

[quote name='Toddy54' timestamp='1394958855' post='2396996']
Have a look at the "AC1 rhythm Vox Bass", works off batteries or mains. I use one for practice and is handy having the built in drum machine.
[/quote]
+1 from me.
Drum machine if you want it,
Aux in Headphones out, plus it looks like a real AC30 if you squint (see my avatar)

[quote name='malcolm.mcintyre' timestamp='1394962940' post='2397042']
I have a Roland Micro Bass Cube, but to be honest, think it is completely rubbish. I have yet to find a situation where it was loud enough to serve any purpose.
[/quote]
I respecfully disagree. It's a perfect practice amp, loud enough for busking (certainly loud enough to overpower loudest acoustic guitar) . And I even managed to use it in a rehearsal when drummer used brush-sticks. I put it in a corner and it was loud enough to be heard with a drummer and 2 guitars. Granted, it was a quiet rehearsal, but still.

Yep Roland bass micro cube is superb I' 've had one from New a few years ago and it's great for smaller stuff jams practice etc goes for ages on batterlies alkaline or rechargeable plus tuner and a decent tone on the 360 setting

And another +1 for the Roland Bass Micro Cube. I think they're really good actually. Loud enough for any situation where you'd only need a 5 watt amp, has a decent array of simulated amps and useful effects, built-in drum patterns, it's extremely portable and the batteries last for a decent length of time - what's not to like?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to thread jack this. Can I just ask those using the Roland if it's loud enough for what I call an "acoustic" rehearsal? We rehearse in a house usually using practice guitar amps, an electronic drum kit and just natural vox. I'm using a Fender Rumble 60 at the moment but it's a bit overkill, I don't use it for anything else and could do with downsizing the size of gear I have in the front room and making the lugging about easier? From time to time I've been invited to busk with some people I'd have liked to work with as well but not had the gear to do it - is it ok on batteries outside?