Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Fender Custom Shop 1955 Precision Bass
£1750

Chiliwailer

[b]Now £1500 No trades please.[/b]

Up for sale is my Custom Shop, NOS, 1955 Precision.

It's made in 2005 and has an ash body, quarter sawn maple neck and a maple fingerboard. It's a great player, sounds deep, crisp and full and weighs in at a shade over 9lbs without the covers and 9.40lbs with the covers. These 55's have body contours, so they are lighter, and in my opinion, more comfortable then the earlier slab styles.

[s]It had flats on it but now has roundwounds. I can reinstall the flats if you prefer, the sound with flats was amazing to my ears, but then I am biased towards them. [/s]EDIT: I've put the flats back on, just sounds sooo good!!! :)

This bass seriously fills up the room, the sound is so full, yet every note has presence and punch. These old style P Basses with the ash body and maple fingerboard combination really do make for a big big sound that's perfect for filling up space with warmth and depth, I love them and am lucky enough to have another 1955 Custom Shop Precision which I am keeping. I have no doubt that this one sounds much better than my Ltd Ed one I am keeping, and that's worth at least a grand more. I'm keeping the Ltd Ed though as it is super light at 7.5lbs, that's very rare indeed for a Fender.

I'm based in Harrow, postage is also an option.

Cheers!

LINK TO PICTURES: [url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oi477jcps41ttjd/DetepccH-Q#/"]https://www.dropbox....jd/DetepccH-Q#/[/url]

[attachment=157624:P1060281 (2).JPG]

Edited by Chiliwailer

[quote name='Paul_1991' timestamp='1394792657' post='2395235']
That is a superb example Daniel, GLWTS.

Hope you are still enjoying the Modulus.

Regards mate, Paul
[/quote]

Hi Paul,
Hope you're well. Yes, absolutely loving the Flea Bass, so much fun to play and sounds delicious! Certainly a keeper.
Take care pal,
Daniel

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1394794069' post='2395254']
Thought I had hallucinated this last night. Somebody buy my Sadowsky so I can relieve Mr. Wailer of this :gas: :gas: :gas:
[/quote]

Haha!

No, you're not hallucinating. There was an issue with the other advert but all has been put right now so you can continue to lust! :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed for you that the Sadowsky sells.

Cheers! :)

Edited by Chiliwailer

• 2 weeks later...