Why become a member? ×

Does anybody else find that, the best bass......

bagsieblue

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1394723746' post='2394446']
The bass I enjoy playing the most unfortunately isn't the one I gig with so I make a point of getting the one that I like playing most out for practice sessions.
[/quote]

He he, I'm the other way round :)
Practice on the Ibanez because I like to 'save the Fender for best' so to speak.

Used to think so. Since getting it in December, now I always reach for my Nate Mendel precision. I even tried to put it away under the bed and have something else out to force me away from it. That lasted about 3 minutes before I had the case open and the Mendel back out and it's been out since.

Maybe it's time to try the 'only need one bass' philosophy for a while...

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1394727258' post='2394516'] He he, I'm the other way round :) Practice on the Ibanez because I like to 'save the Fender for best' so to speak. [/quote]
Clearly the answer is to replace the Ibanez with another Fender (no, you're not having my jazz ;) ) and thus starts the steady slide into self induced poverty and slight madness.

[quote]I enjoy all my basses, even more so when listening to other talented people playing them. [/quote]

snap! I sometime try to get others to play or sound check mine so I can actually hear what it sounds like without a drummer blasting next to me. Half the time I end up "feeling" the sound through my belly from the bass body or through my legs when standing in front of the amp rather than actually hearing it.

Cheers,
Rich