Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Yamaha BB2024MX Super Precision/Jazz **SOLD**
£1650

Beedster

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1397463607' post='2424025']
I really must stop looking at this bass.... serious serious gas!!!!
[/quote]

Played it in anger last night, even through a very clean amp (PJB M-500) running entirely flat it sounded glorious, so much so that I'm probably going to let my Ampeg rig go (I don't need two big rigs around the place to be honest - the PJB was really only intended for DB, which doesn't sound good through the Ampeg, but the BB sounds awesome through the PJB, so PJB wins!). There is nothing this bass does that doesn't sound incredible,and whilst others/purists might disagree, the simplicity (back PUP = Jazz+, both PUPs = 'ray, front PUP = Precision+) makes this the most versatile yet simple to use bass I've come across. A glorious, glorious instrument on every level.

• 2 months later...

Well despite the fact that I owe this specific bass a lot - namely that it got me into Yamaha basses generally and thereby started a new phase of my bass playing career - my beaten up 70's BB1200 seems to be my go to instrument for gigs and I've seen a nice old instrument that is calling my name, so this is for grabs again. The PUP selector switch is a little emotional at present, but a new unit is currently winging it's way from Japan. Happy to talk cash offers and/or trades. A decent Markbass combo appeals at present :)

Chris

I've now sorted a small combo so sale only on this now. I'm prepared to entertain serious cash offer and will be even more entertaining should the buyer be happy to collect from Canterbury or Aberystwyth.

And by entertain I don't mean play a few old Tom Waits numbers, although that could be arranged also

I sold one of these a couple of weeks ago (well, a 5 in the non MX configuration). Every bit the equal of super-expensive bespoke builds. Don't be fooled by the (relatively) modest price - some of the best basses ever built with mind- blowing attention to detail.

Still a stunning bass, and now at a daft price. This bass will be someone's new pride and joy very soon, I expect.

In my ( not so) humble opinion, sounds better and is much more practical than a "boutique" bass like a Fodera or similar , and for about a quarter of the price. GLWTS.

• 3 weeks later...

All now sorted, new PUP selector switch installed, so back for sale. If this goes I keep the BB1200 and vice versa. Really can't decide between the two of them at the moment!

Only trade option us a MIJ BB2000 with cash my way

Chris