Why become a member? ×

Pedaltrain + Voodoo advice

hiram.k.hackenbacker

I kind of bumbled along for years with a multi effects unit, not really having much knowledge of what the patches were or did. That went a bit wibble and I ended up replacing it with a GT10-B. It didn't take me long to realise I had bitten off more than I could chew with that one. It's a seriously complicated (for me) piece of kit and I would never had used it to its full potential. So I sold it and decided to go the individual pedal route.

I've been doing my homework, finding out what I like the sound of and would use, trying a few, buying a few, gassing for others. So then it comes to something to put them on and to power them with.

Our guitarist has a Pedaltrain and I really like the look and functionalilty of it. The Pedaltrain 2 is advertised as having a bracket to mount the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 unit on it. It also says "drilling maybe required".

I've worked out my current draw/power requirements and the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus unit ticks all boxes.

Does anyone else have this combination or board and supply? If so, where/how does the Voodoo Labs bracket attach to it? Does anyone have any pictures? What is the extent of the drilling? How easily could I bugger it up? The blurb for the Pedaltrain doesn't actually say bracket for Pedal Power 2 [color=#ff0000]Plus[/color], it just says Pedal Power 2. Are they one and the same?

Your thoughts would be most welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Strings Direct in Rochford today and picked up a Pedaltrain 2 Hardcase and a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus.
Pedaltrain make the bracket that carries the Voodoo, which I also picked up for a couple of quid.
Thoroughly impressed by the staff at Strings Direct. Very helpful and knowledgable.

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1395323200' post='2401096']
I've gone for a PT3 softcase (still to land) with the Decibel Eleven Hotstone Deluxe (arrived today). Looks like a good bit of kit and hopefully will let me power anything I fancy trying out. Will see how the installation goes :mellow:
[/quote]
Wow, those PT3's are huge! I was tempted, but managed to reign myself in.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1395259095' post='2400431']
I went to Strings Direct in Rochford today and picked up a Pedaltrain 2 Hardcase and a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus.
Pedaltrain make the bracket that carries the Voodoo, which I also picked up for a couple of quid.
Thoroughly impressed by the staff at Strings Direct. Very helpful and knowledgable.
[/quote]

The brackets and screws came with my PT2 along with two rolls of Velcro and cable ties. Apologies if I have misread your post but I hope StringsDirect haven't charged you extra for the mounting brackets??

[quote name='Jonesy64' timestamp='1395595501' post='2404141']

The brackets and screws came with my PT2 along with two rolls of Velcro and cable ties. Apologies if I have misread your post but I hope StringsDirect haven't charged you extra for the mounting brackets??
[/quote]

Same here, brackets, screws and Velcro came included on my Pedaltrain Junior too