Why become a member? ×

5 String Skjold Bass With Custom Paint Job
£1700

turbine

I'm sticking with 4 string basses, so I have for sale my Skjold Lion's Pride model A (Jazz Bass style body) 5 string bass with custom ghost flame paint job. It's 35" scale and has a 2" nut. The body is black high-gloss polyester. The flame paint job was done for Pete Skjold by Mike DuSold in Lewisville, TX. As far as I know, this is the only bass he has ever painted. He is now very well known for his custom motorcycle paint jobs and has been featured on American TV. The pickups are a Skold C4 and a Skjold SC1. The C4 is a 4-coil pickup the is a Precision/reverse Precision that is switchable by the mini toggle. The SC1 is a hum-cancelling single coil pickup. The preamp has volume, pickup blend, master tone, bass, treble, mid and mid sweep controls. The tone contol is push/pull for active/passive and the treble control is push/pull for bright. The neck is 3 piece maple and the fingerboard is morado (pao ferro).
There are a few cosmetic issues. The back has a couple of little dimples in the clear coat. The upper horn has about a 1" scratch (I photographed this as best as I could). There is a piece of the clear coat missing on the front of the headstock, by the nut at the B string.
I'm asking $2800.00 (1700 Pounds) shipped Express Mail from Texas.
[attachment=156880:001.JPG][attachment=156881:002.JPG][attachment=156882:007.JPG][attachment=156883:003.JPG][attachment=156884:008.JPG][attachment=156885:006.JPG][attachment=156886:005.JPG][attachment=156887:004.JPG]

Edited by turbine

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...