Why become a member? ×

Which pickguard for my P/J bass??

Noisyjon

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1395097879' post='2398796']
Bloody Hell somebody listened to an idea I had :o . You'll be sorry :lol:[/quote]

Well, as I had just got the Gold one in it would be rude not to try it and at least see :lol:

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1395099076' post='2398810']
That looks NICE. Congrats!
[/quote]

Thanks theyellowcar

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1395099081' post='2398811']
Excellent poll. :D Looking good btw. [/quote]

Thanks also Ou7shined and I always enjoy the easy polls that can be bantered :lol: :lol: :lol:

After some thought on the matter I am going to go for the 2nd place winner of the B/W/B guard eventually as I already have a black 'n' maple P bass with a tort guard so 2 would be silly/greedy.
Other drivers of this decision are that I need a 10 hole '57 format guard for this bass and I don't want to drill this bass for a modern 13 hole guard so that will mean a custom made pickguard.
Then there's the issue of modern tort not looking that authentic compared to the old stuff so I'm not going to take a chance on any of that, especially as it is quite a bit dearer to buy.

All the best,
Jon

Hi Ian,

I got it from a seller on eBay but they are available to order from lots of places, like Thomann: [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_pckg57p.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_pckg57p.htm[/url]

[quote name='solomoto' timestamp='1395356198' post='2401651']
Hi, Where do you get the pick guards from ??
thanks
ian
[/quote]