Why become a member? ×

Leduc U-Bass Fretless 5-string: SOLD
£1234

eubassix

[color=windowtext]Leduc[/color][b][color=black] [/color][/b][color=black]U.Bass[/color][color=black] with lightweight swamp ash body, floating spruce top, 3-piece maple neck, and lined ebony f/board. Features the "floating" top[/color][color=black]: hybrid solid-body / acoustic bass, the ash body is hollowed out and the bridge rests on a floating spruce top braced like an acoustic. [/color]

Edited by eubassix

Thanks to a fellow BC'er I have an update on this Leduc instrument, with comments from Chistophe Leduc:-
[color=black]This bass was designed by Christophe Leduc and built by Japanese luthier Seinosuke Sano. It is an elegant, feather-light instrument. This particular model does not have the piezo pick-up that the French-constructed basses do, but rather two Bartolini pick-ups. It does share with the French basses a feature that Leduc calls a "free" sound table, which is the light wood piece you see in the center of the bass. The wood is cross-braced like an accoustic guitar top and sits over an open shell of a back. It is in essence a hollow-body bass, but with the thin profile of a solid body. The bass plays beautifully, requires a very light touch, and has a warm, woody sound that is almost like chocolate.
Because it is such a rare instrument, I wrote to Mr. Leduc in France to find out where it came from and how to price it. Here is his reply:[/color]
[i][color=black]...........“Thanks for your mail and pics. This bass was manufactured by Seinosuke Sano, Japan in 1992, 1993 and 1994. It uses the tail piece I make for my own production. I have no idea of the retail price in the U.S., I guess it was between $2000 and $3000 dollars. It's a rare instrument, about twenty pieces have been made. … Let me know what will happen to your bass!..........."
Best regards,
Christophe Leduc”[/color][/i]

Edited by eubassix