Why become a member? ×

Jenny Haan sings with The Wirebirds

FinnDave

A week ago, I came home to find a stranger in my house helping my mother-in-law unpack her shopping. MiL mentioned that the woman was a singer, so we got to talking. Last night, she came to our rehearsal, and believe me, she can really sing! Turns out she fronted a touring and recording band in the 70s, still records now and then....and is gigging with us tomorrow!

[url="https://soundcloud.com/finndave-1/rock-me-baby"]Here is a fairly rough recording [/url]made last night, her first run through, she really gets going at around two mins in! Interested to see if anyone has an idea of her identity. I recommend headphones for the full experience.

Edited by FinnDave

Thanks, she certainly has some power in that voice, I was about a foot from her during that song. She is also a very friendly, down to earth and enthusiastic person to be around. I want to keep her name under wraps until after her appearance with us tomorrow, hopefully the first of many.

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1393590183' post='2382272']
A week ago, I came home to find a stranger in my house helping my mother-in-law unpack her shopping. MiL mentioned that the woman was a singer, so we got to talking. Last night, she came to our rehearsal, and believe me, she can really sing! Turns out she fronted a touring and recording band in the 70s, still records now and then....and is gigging with us tomorrow!

[url="https://soundcloud.com/finndave-1/rock-me-baby"]Here is a fairly rough recording [/url]made last night, her first run through, she really gets going at around two mins in! Interested to see if anyone has an idea of her identity. I recommend headphones for the full experience.
[/quote]

I'll admit to being confused. You're gigging with her but don't know her identity?

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1393675251' post='2383171']
I'll admit to being confused. You're gigging with her but don't know her identity?
[/quote]

I know exactly who she is! Just wondering if anyone recognizes her from the track I linked to.