Why become a member? ×

iOS for the gigging Bassist

tayste_2000

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1394083307' post='2387716']

Yes

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/341A75C2-1CE9-4BD9-B0FF-CDAA347AAACB_zpsjptjbcyu.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/341A75C2-1CE9-4BD9-B0FF-CDAA347AAACB_zpsjptjbcyu.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

Cool, and is it loud? People always talk about under powering cabs, no chance of that? Ta.

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1394088624' post='2387724']

Cool, and is it loud? People always talk about under powering cabs, no chance of that? Ta.
[/quote]

Loud is relative. If you look in the picture you'll see that it's barely turned up! I think it is loud for what it is and in the right situation would be giggable :)

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1394845037' post='2396013']
Just finished my first gig using Jamup and the Sonic Port.

I'm seriously impressed.

Cuts down on so much gear.
[/quote]

What did you use gear and settings wise?!

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1394891303' post='2396350']
Seem to be less valve options than I expected. Or maybe I just don't quite know what I'm doing :D
[/quote]

Bit of both possibly :lol:

The more I tinker the better the results I get :)

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1394865309' post='2396056']

What did you use gear and settings wise?!
[/quote]

Fender P bass - sonic port - iPad 2 using Jamup / b15 and svt models - Di box (to give me xlr to desk)

I'm using IEM and the rig sounded great. One of the best SVT sims I've tried.

Settings wise I tend to keep it fairy clean but love the low end heft that Jamup has.

Haven't tried Bias yet, pretty happy with the models on the two bass packs.

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1394915509' post='2396723']

Fender P bass - sonic port - iPad 2 using Jamup / b15 and svt models - Di box (to give me xlr to desk)

I'm using IEM and the rig sounded great. One of the best SVT sims I've tried.

Settings wise I tend to keep it fairy clean but love the low end heft that Jamup has.

Haven't tried Bias yet, pretty happy with the models on the two bass packs.
[/quote]

Cool! I'm trying one of my bias models for church this morning.

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1394959753' post='2397004']
Cool! I'm trying one of my bias models for church this morning.
[/quote]

What amp are you trying to model? or are you just finding combinations you like the sound of?

Not sure I need Bias, but I'm always happy to spend hours tinkering and Bias seems to be all about that.

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1394962279' post='2397035']

What amp are you trying to model? or are you just finding combinations you like the sound of?

Not sure I need Bias, but I'm always happy to spend hours tinkering and Bias seems to be all about that.
[/quote]

Not anything in particular. Based it on the hiwatt custom I had but tbh the tweaking you can do is huge.

Sounded good in church this morning. It's more dynamic than the jamup models.

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1394975980' post='2397221']
I only wish you could take a jamup preset model and open it in bias, like the AD200, at least until I understand bias.
[/quote]

Having just got Bias, it looks like you can.

The package has SVT, GK RB800, Bassman and AD200 models as default. you can then edit them or create your own new ones.

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1395093744' post='2398698']

In the factory presets under bass there is a British Ad20 model on my version
[/quote]

Yeah I've got that, but there's an ad200 in a bass pack in jamup that I was messing with, and thought it'd be nice to open that in bias, if you see what I mean.

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1395094873' post='2398732']
Yeah I've got that, but there's an ad200 in a bass pack in jamup that I was messing with, and thought it'd be nice to open that in bias, if you see what I mean.
[/quote]

Yep with you, I'd like to be able to tweak the Portaflex model. I also can't understand why they didn't put a gain and master volume on the SVT model in Jamup, but they did on Bias. The benefit of digital is that you could save a range of presets with various different gains, but the SVT model has to remain fairly clean on my Jamup otherwise I overload the output.

I've been using a laptop with Native Instruments Guitar Rig Kontrol for 5 years now which means I could take my laptop to a gig instead of multi effects (assuming I didn't mind risking some plonker spilling beer on it at some point)..

I'm not clear on how the iOS is an improvement, can anyone enlighten me?

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1395128992' post='2398897']
I've been using a laptop with Native Instruments Guitar Rig Kontrol for 5 years now which means I could take my laptop to a gig instead of multi effects (assuming I didn't mind risking some plonker spilling beer on it at some point)..

I'm not clear on how the iOS is an improvement, can anyone enlighten me?
[/quote]

I'm not sure it is an 'improvement' just that Jamup seems a solid platform and delivers very good sounding amp models.
The effects haven't impressed me that much yet.

Also the fact you can use an iklip to put the iPad out if harms way also has its pluses. The thought of someone pouring a pint over my nice laptop sends shivers down my spine.