Why become a member? ×

New bass arrived, issues

Twincam

Ok so just revived my squier vm mustang.
The bass works great and is well setup. However some slight issues.
First the pickup is scratched.
Back if the neck has a small mark
And unless this is a weird squire thing the knobs seem on wrong.
Ok finally I got nothing on the box other than the bass. No documentation nothing at all. Seems odd.
So what shall I do I'm happy to keep the bass it seems to play very nicely and I can move the knobs and the marks are small but surely I should say something ideas???
The bass was bought new from Anderson's online

[quote name='merello' timestamp='1393523552' post='2381484']
Phone straight away and log it.
[/quote]
What he said!
[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1393523721' post='2381485']
Oh and the nut has weird black marks on
[/quote]
Especially as there's more you're finding you don't like.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1393523883' post='2381490']
Well I'm to late to ring now it seems but will do in the morning. What should I say? As said I'm happy to keep the bass maybe I could get a discount or something ?
[/quote]
Mention the problems and leave the initiative with them to offer a return/replacement/partial refund. If they don't, then weigh in with what [i]you[/i] want.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1393524169' post='2381494']
Mention the problems and leave the initiative with them to offer a return/replacement/partial refund. If they don't, then weigh in with what [i]you[/i] want.
[/quote]

This. You're covered by the distance selling regs for 7 days and it would be in their best interests to try and keep you happy rather than return the bass. Besides, as above, their customer services are very good.

The address label (normally inside a plastic pouch on the box) usually has a sales invoice behind it so check that. Try to get a couple of photos of the areas of concern and have those ready to email to their customer services department in case they ask for them. Camera phones usually focus quite close up so should be ideal for your needs.

I just got a Squier VM jaguar from andertons and it arrived with just Allen keys. Sadly it also arrived with a nut that barely even had slots in?! Causing Crazy high action and making it impossible to intonate, and a dead first fret. :(
Called them and they've arranged a collect on delivery exchange for Monday. Sadly can't guarantee a time slot, so might take god knows how long before I manage to get my hands on the new one if I'm out. Not best pleased, as I'd put new strings on, which they say they'll replace. But it's a pain. Good service so far though. I guess.

Edited by gafbass02

Ok the marks apart from the little scratch on pick ups I've removed. I've aligned the control nobs and had another play as I had a massive migraine when it first arrived. And wow what a little tone machine. I played a p bass before xmass and the sound is not unlike that classic p bass sound. The tone control works so well. So although I'm not pleased about the scratch or the marks it came with and the misaligned controls I'm really pleased and will keep her. Would of been cool to get squire documentation, leaflets etc stickers even lol. I've gotten nice posters, qc print out, stickers etc with others.
Oh and I did take pics so I shall still mail Anderson's in morning like.