Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Warwick C/O Streamer LX4
£650

bamboscha

Up for sale is my 2002 Warwick C/O Streamer LX4. Made in Germany. I bought it second hand in 2004. It has a flame maple body, ovangkol neck and wenge fingerboard. As it was a custom order, the pickups are laid out as you often see on Thumb basses, at an angle and both at the bridge end. They are active MECs. I have waxed it only two or three times in the ten years I've owned it so it has slightly discoloured patches above the front pickup and on the forearm contour as well as numerous small scratches around the edges of the body which I have found difficult to photograph. Nothing at all serious but consistent with twelve years of play. It has otherwise been well cared for and set up and is in good order. It weighs about 8lbs 12oz as best I can tell. My scales aren't very good.

I'll be sad to see it go - it's the bass in my avatar by the way, but I've moved on. Included in the sale is the original manual, tub of wax and a Tribal Planet semi-hard case, a great case but unfortunately torn under the handle. Possibly repairable. I'm looking for £650

I would much prefer cash on collection but do have the means to post.

I'm based in Colne, Lancashire. Please feel free to get in touch if you want to come round and try it out.

Edited by bamboscha

[quote name='bamboscha' timestamp='1393450730' post='2380574']
Up for sale is my 2002 Warwick C/O Streamer LX4. Made in Germany. I bought it second hand in 2004. It has a flame maple body, ovangkol neck and wenge fingerboard. As it was a custom order, the pickups are laid out as you often see on Thumb basses, at an angle and both at the bridge end. They are active MECs. I have waxed it only two or three times in the ten years I've owned it so it has slightly discoloured patches above the front pickup and on the forearm contour as well as numerous small scratches around the edges of the body which I have found difficult to photograph. Nothing at all serious but consistent with twelve years of play. It has otherwise been well cared for and set up and is in good order. It weighs about 8lbs 12oz as best I can tell. My scales aren't very good.

I'll be sad to see it go - it's the bass in my avatar by the way, but I've moved on. Included in the sale is the original manual, tub of wax and a Tribal Planet semi-hard case, a great case but unfortunately torn under the handle. Possibly repairable. I'm looking for £650

I would much prefer cash on collection but do have the means to post.

I'm based in Colne, Lancashire. Please feel free to get in touch if you want to come round and try it out.
[/quote]

i'm interested. it would be great to check out sound clips. What strings do you have on it? What's the width at nut?
edit: sorry, but what does c/o mean?

Edited by Muri

[quote name='optimus' timestamp='1393595048' post='2382360']
Looks a lovely bass.
Don't think I've seen a streamer with that pickup arrangement before.

Custom Order?
[/quote]
yes, it's very odd... that's why I wonder what it sounds like!

Edited by Muri

Hi there, yes c/o stands for custom order, hence the pickup layout. The nut is 38mm. I do have recordings but im away on gigs for the next couple of days so can't put anything up just yet. I've also got somebody coming to look at it on Sunday. If its still available after then, ill dig some sound clips out.

Thanks, Alan.