Why become a member? ×

A late intro

cclowend

Been on here for a couple of weeks and thought I would introduce myself.

Have been playing for 25 years in bands with names such as Between worlds, the last taxi, the underdogs and played London loads, recorded with Nick Tauber and now currently residing in a band called Café Continental www.theccband.co.uk and loving it. First gig in a couple of weeks time!

Played peavey and Ashdown rigs but now have a GK 1001rb and 1x15 and 4x10 hartke which kicks ass.

Had a few basses hohners, yamahas, fender squires, warwicks but now use my 4 & 5 string stingrays.

Well, that's me!!

Ah yes, yamaha rbx something or other as a first bass, hohner stick bass and headless, squire vintage modified 4 & 5 strings, Warwick corvette 4 and $$ 5 string and now MM sterling 5. All the while my 2 eq 4 string MM monster laughed at then all. I even tried to sell him 3 times but couldn't let him go!

Stealth black MM, Nice! My Ashdown ABM C115 served me well for years apart from catching fire at a gig. I uprated the internals so that all the power went to the 4 ohm BW driver I bought to fix it and it sounded truly immense! Sadly it started making a distorting noise at low level playing and it was well tatty. I went for the GK head because of the power and adjustment and Hartke speakers for the zingy ally cones. Other than that I just wanted a change!