Why become a member? ×

3 days, 3 gigs, 3 different bands... 73 songs!

warwickhunt

I have a busy weekend ahead. :D[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]Friday... 2 sets of acoustic covers (Washburn AB20) with one of my previous bands; laid back and without a drummer.[/size]
[size=4]Saturday... 2 sets depping for a local 'Blues/Americana' band, with some original material.[/size]
[size=4]Sunday... 2 sets with my regular 'Rock' covers band.[/size]

[size=4]All in all I need to memorise 73 songs (not to worried about that side of things) but oddly the 'Blues' covers are giving me the most jip. Punters for the Friday and Sunday gigs will happily accept my interpretations of the anticipated bass lines but th[/size][size=4]e Blues Nazis will be expecting me to play the original scales/lines and to get through the gig (6 days notice to learn the sets) I may well be ad-libbing much of it. [/size]

[size=4]I'm not unduly worried but do those who find themselves playing in unfamiliar styles/genres ever get the feeling that they are not quite doing justice even though they are confident/competent/proficient in others styles/genres? It may be compounded by the fact that I've no rehearsal time with the Blues band and I'll be busking the beginnings and ends... and quite possibly most of the middle. :lol:[/size]

Go for it Lad , and best of luck. :)

I've got a similar weekend at the end of March;
Friday - 50th anniversary of Pirate Radio playing 1960s stuff
Saturday - jazzy blues gig in our local (first outing for this band).
Sunday - local theatres' Mothers Day charity concert - 40 minutes skiffle set.
Fortunately I'm with the same drummer at all three and we are looking forward to it.
It should be a gas! ;)

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1393181224' post='2377075']
:D

Have you heard much of a watering hole 'The Schooner' Al? Luckily, Berb and the boys in the band will make it easy on Saturday... I hope! :huh: :lol:
[/quote]

Funnily enough, a mate of mine has just posted some photo's of a gig there on farcebook, and apparently the audience were "well up for it!" The 'stage' area seems a bit small, but you should get your sylph-like figure tucked in a corner without any problem. B)

[quote name='BigAlonBass' timestamp='1393194937' post='2377312']
Funnily enough, a mate of mine has just posted some photo's of a gig there on farcebook, and apparently the audience were "well up for it!" The 'stage' area seems a bit small, but you should get your sylph-like figure tucked in a corner without any problem. B)
[/quote]

...but is there room for my stage diving into the mosh pit and balancing on top of the lighting rig... Oh hang on, it's a Blues gig! :D[size=4] [/size]