Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Replacement Switch Caps/Buttons

RandomBass

Has anyone got a source for those small white square plastic push-button caps that fit the Trace Elliot GP7SM, GP12SMX amps etc? They are used for the passive/active switch, preshape, mute etc. I need a few to replace some lost/broken ones, but haven't had much luck finding them online.

Cheers

Geoff

• 5 years later...

I know these are rarer than hens teeth. I almost had a fit the last time I collected my SMX after a service and one of them was missing. The shop managed to find it once I’d explained to them that you can’t get them anywhere (they didn’t seem to disagree).

A dud spares or repair head may be the best option. 😟

Yup, rare as rocking horse lips.

When i found dodgy pre-shape and graphic in/out switches on my series 5 GP11, i got my amp  tech to keep the outer switch covers,  just to keep it original, knowing how hard they are to find. To make it a bit worse, my switch covers are TE green,  so another reason to keep them. He replaced the switches beneath the covers and it was far from easy apparently.  Keeping the original green covers was the problem, but he managed it.

Edited by fleabag