Why become a member? ×

NAD

darren

Nice! Intrigued to see how the heads stack up!

Not to hijack the thread completely, but some thoughts from me on the Rumble 40 I tried today (and am picking up tomorrow)

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1392899497' post='2373913']
Just had the fortune of playing through the Rumble 40 at Wunjo's on Denmark St. One word - incredible.

First things first it really does weigh nothing. It reminded me of the tiny 15 watt guitar combos my band used to practice with a decade ago, it was unbelievable.

The sound was impressive, the built in voicings (Vintage and Bright) were effective and allowed for tones that ranged from full on dub to slightly driven tube on the Vintage setting, and then a really nice slap tone with the bright switch engaged.

I didn't really play with the EQ because it sounded great flat, and the output seemed fine, although again i didn't push the master past halfway.

All in all, very impressive for the price, great tone, amazing look, and a crazy lightweight box.

EDIT: and after checking in with Ms Yellow I have just bought it :D
[/quote]

Yes I haven't played around with eq either and thought it sounded well flat. I suspect it will require just a tweak if anything. I need to hear it at volume and with our drummer but I'm very pleased so far. A mute button would have been nice if I'm honest but not the end of the world.

here are a couple of recordings done yesterday with the fender rumble head and one of the rumble 112 cabs. All the dials set at noon apart from bass set at 11am and low mid set at 2pm. I added a little overdrive to track one but not track two. Not sure how useful this will be in terms of hearing the bass as the guitars are in there etc and my playing style is quite basic.