Why become a member? ×

Snarky Puppy UK tour - anyone else going?

kevin_lindsay

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1399564561' post='2445412']

We got there early (7.45 ish) and already the best spot to be found was the third level balcony (same height as the mix desk). We couldn't see the whites of their eyes but had a full view of the stage. Great show, marginally better than Tuesday's as well.
[/quote]

Sounds like we were behind you. Must get there earlier next time.

[quote name='PTB' timestamp='1399567599' post='2445462']
It was a really great gig last night but we were stuck at the back behind a gathering of giants ...

Sounds like we were behind you. Must get there earlier next time.
[/quote]

I'm only 5'10" ! Although for the second night I had deliberately worn my high heels (a pair of thick-soled steel-toed Blundstones vs the previous night's relatively skimpy Converse boots), so I had an extra few cm in height.

Know what you mean though - it's a low stage, and once the front row of the floor and balconies are full it's tough to get a good sightline. On Tuesday night I was in a good spot on the floor, then the drum/perc duet happened and I was low on beer so went to the bar. The venue had filled up a LOT after I'd got to my spot, and I found myself behind the sound desk occasionally seeing ML's head.

Still, nice cold beer though. At £4.90 a tin.

Edited by toneknob

Saw them last night in Liverpool. An amazing live act with loads of energy, the level of musicianship isn't parallel with anything I've really seen before. Just unreal. Cory Henry on keys and synth really stole the show.

We all went up to bar across town where a few of our mates were already doing a gig, the Snarky Puppy lot all followed us up and jammed for about an hour over some Prince and MJ tunes, we all ended up getting mighty drunk with the lot of them. Spoke to Michael League for a while probably about nothing, but they were all so personable that we ended up having such a big laugh with the lot of them.

Excellent night!

Still coming down after seeing these guys on Saturday. What a great vibe- the drummer was sensational (Robert Searight?) and Cory Henry is the coolest cat on the planet.
I'd happily watch them several times over.
The only downside was seeing Chaka Khan with Incognito barely 5hrs earlier. I could have down with a few days to digest that first.
Too much fun in one day for Minehead!

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1399221034' post='2442179']
For loud music, Cheltenham Town Hall really needs some acoustic treatment, imho.
[/quote]

T'was ever thus. When I regularly went to see bands there in the 70s the sound was bloody awful and every band commented on it.
Nothing has been done about it since, nor will it. That's Cheltenham for you and one of the many reasons I left in 1982.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='chardbass' timestamp='1400161115' post='2451318']
Still coming down after seeing these guys on Saturday. What a great vibe- the drummer was sensational (Robert Searight?) and Cory Henry is the coolest cat on the planet.
[/quote]

Cory played drums for us all the other night, disturbingly he's probably as good as Sput was. Unbelievable drummer too.