Why become a member? ×

SVT Pro II and 610 HLF Diary

Billy Apple

In keeping with the spirit of swimming against the lightweight tide, I've just put together this little beauty..

I got the head off the forum. It was bought with a known fault so I dropped it with Greg at [url="http://www.guitaraid.co.uk/"]Guitar Aid[/url] on Discreet's recommendation, as they'd fixed his Burmans. Greg was kind enough to take the head in at 10 o'clock at night as I was passing, and it would save a trip back up to London. Howz that for service! Greg has fixed her up fine for reasonable money, so this is one recommendation for Guitar Aid from me.

The cab is very clean, only a couple of small marks. The head is a touch road-worn on the outside, but inside is all tickety-boo. It came with a flight case that I might junk as it's a bit knackered and adds to the tonnage.

I've been hankering for an Ampeg set up after my NMA audition, so we'll see how we go. I was originally after an SVT CL, but think the Pro II better value, even though it's not as pretty. Plus it's a bit more manageable for one. I'm hanging on to the Matamp rig for now and I'll see how I feel about both rigs later on. One might go, or even both might stay.

But at the moment I need to get this out the house and get it cranked :D

Edited by Billy Apple

Ohhh yes! I too was hankering for the all-valve bounce after the NMA audition (at which I was unsuccessful - thhp :P[size=4]), hence the Burman kit. This looks like totally the business Sean! A review as soon as you like, please! [/size] :gas:

PS: Glad Greg sorted you out - I don't really like recommending people in case it goes tits-up.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1392673046' post='2371552']
Glad Greg sorted you out - I don't really like recommending people in case it goes tits-up.
[/quote]

He was a proper Chap, and very flexible with my funny time-keeping. All the lights are glowing green now, so credit where credit is due.

Did I say the cab came with a very thick fitted padded cover? Padd-mungus!

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1392674618' post='2371571']
Did I say the cab came with a very thick fitted padded cover? Padd-mungus!
[/quote]

That's Pad-Tastic!! :crazy:

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1392674749' post='2371574']
...and thanks to NoisyJon for the help with my feet!
[/quote]

Er... OK. :huh:

The 610 is not so unwieldy as you may think as all the hard work is done by the casters. Plus I've got an estate so it just tips up and pushes in the back. So in that respect it's easier on the back than the Matamp 212.

I'm trying to engineer some handles for the head. If there were some either side toward the front then it would balance and not be too bad a lift. In the mean time I've got some leather gloves to lift it with. It's not that they make it easier, I just like the texture against me skin :happy: Mmmmm Leather Ampeg!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had a few more run outs with the rig, and I've decided the cab is not for me, so I'm selling it on. The cab is great in it's own right, but last week I played the head through my 115 and it had a real low end thump. I plugged the 610 in today at rehearsal and realized the sound is not for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Just caught up with this thread Sean and glad you're digging the SVT-II amp. I loved my one just couldn't do the weight :rolleyes:

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1392674749' post='2371574']
... and thanks to NoisyJon for the help with my feet!
[/quote]

No problem and glad to help.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1392676913' post='2371610']
...Er... OK. :huh:
[/quote]

Not what you think Discreet :lol: :lol: :lol: