Passive with 4 way selector for the Blademan 

Neutrik locking jack

Hipshot hardware

Looks better than I had imagined! 

Screenshot_20180424-191541.png

• Like 6

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah they're very busy, my Mako Elite 5 custom is constructed now, and now needs to settle and have it's final setup... it's been 12 months so far, but when you order it's made very clear that there's a wait. I have absolutely no issue with this though and can't wait for its arrival :)

7 hours ago, goblin said:

Yeah they're very busy, my Mako Elite 5 custom is constructed now, and now needs to settle and have it's final setup... it's been 12 months so far, but when you order it's made very clear that there's a wait. I have absolutely no issue with this though and can't wait for its arrival :)

12 months or so is not unreasonable at all for a custom build, especially if you were informed of that at the point of ordering, it's pretty much standard...

How long till it's ready then?

10 hours ago, eude said:

12 months or so is not unreasonable at all for a custom build, especially if you were informed of that at the point of ordering, it's pretty much standard...

How long till it's ready then?

Exactly, you can't rush perfection! I spoke to Chris earlier as he was asking me about cases, and he said it should be going for final setup this week... so not long at all! 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Onyxbass said:

Wasn't that one darker?

There is a very long story attached but basically the (honestly a bit rubbish) darker blue was a refinish.  

Chris at Alpher took the instrument back from the second owner of the bass and completely renovated it back to its original state and its now good as new in its original crazyburl (buckeye burl impregnated with coloured resins) finish!  I'm now the third owner and hope to finally give it the home it deserves!  Its completely stunning in the flesh, pictures will never do it justice...

Edited by Kev
Removed potentially inflammatory wording
  • Like 1