Why become a member? ×

Can't BUMP in Items Wanted?

Jigster

[quote name='Myke' timestamp='1395091071' post='2398646']
Wow.. I'm still surprised at how stupid people are..
[/quote]

Indeed.
And it wasn't just one or two people either.

We certainly wouldn't have locked the forum down and left ourselves open to being moaned at every couple of weeks if 1) it was a non issue and 2) there was an easy solution.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1395091879' post='2398663']
Indeed.
And it wasn't just one or two people either.

We certainly wouldn't have locked the forum down and left ourselves open to being moaned at every couple of weeks if 1) it was a non issue and 2) there was an easy solution.
[/quote]

I don't think people are moaning. Rather people offering their opinion, while trying to improve the site.

[quote name='Myke' timestamp='1395092539' post='2398676']
I don't think people are moaning. Rather people offering their opinion, while trying to improve the site.
[/quote]

Quite. And I think removing members' status updates without at least telling them why is really not helping the situation.
It may seem that the Items Wanted thing is a non-issue, but clearly it is important to a significant number of members.

I'm going to look into possible solutions for this in both the current and next version of the software and hopefully I'll be able to figure out a way of a developer adding in the functionality that we need to be able to keep all parties happy. Or doing it myself if I have too! :)

Someone (the name slips my mind, sorry) has come up with the idea of a "bump" button which is actually rather excellent and could solve more of our issues than you might expect.

What I really need to emphasize though is that the forum software is the limiting factor, seemingly simple concepts are actually much more complex than anyone would have expected them to be. I will do all I can, as will the rest of the team but it really isn't going to be an overnight solution and I definitely can't put a date against anything be completed as of yet.

Please keep ideas coming forward, feel free to PM me and we'll see if we can all work together to create the best possible solution :)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1395143173' post='2399067']
I'm going to look into possible solutions for this in both the current and next version of the software and hopefully I'll be able to figure out a way of a developer adding in the functionality that we need to be able to keep all parties happy. Or doing it myself if I have too! :)

Someone (the name slips my mind, sorry) has come up with the idea of a "bump" button which is actually rather excellent and could solve more of our issues than you might expect.
[/quote]

That someone was me, its ok I won't hold it against you. :)

I have absolutely no idea how you would even go about adding a bump button, or how difficult that is, but I think it would solve a lot of problems. To be honest, it would also make the topics a lot cleaner not having pages upon pages of bumps.