Why become a member? ×

£300 to spend, Bass combo recommendations please.

Fingerslikesausages

[size=4]Posted on here a few times about my Trace Eliot 2 x 12 combo and how I've struggled to get the best out of it. Well last nights gig was the final straw, Tuning up, nasty smell of burning and then smoke issuing from one of the speakers. So it's got to go.[/size]

[size=4]Got about £300 to spend. Need something to sit nicely into a five piece playing 60's, mod revival and ska, mainly pubs, small clubs. something that doesn't weigh as much as the TE would be nice.[/size]

[b] [size=4]Ashdown MAG C115-300 EVO III Combo has caught my eye, any comments?[/size][/b]

[size=4]Thanks[/size]

Think I would be tempted to replace the blown speaker, assuming that is the only fault and then get an extension cab. Maybe a 1 x 15". Giving you a nice powerful rig.

Back in the days when I could lift the kit I had a Trace combo. It was good but always seemed to lack a little something, until I added an extension cab, which really did the trick. I'm sure I would still be using it now, if it hadn't been necessary for me to go all lightweight.