Why become a member? ×

DODGY BASS NOT DODGY ON EBAY!!SORTED!

MB1

MB1. :)

Many thanks to everybody involved in sorting this out,strange the previous owner of my bass also thought he had bought number 3 of 176.
The guy on ebay actually owns no 167 which originally he listed as 176(my bass)by mistake.
So to conlude there was a limited run of 300 basses made, all in 2003.

Edited by MB1

MB1. :)

Yep that one looks like mine too!.just checked mine again,definately no 3 of 176.the auction does look straight,but ive had to mention it to ebay,so due to the guy not having any feedback theyll probably take it off.i cant believe warwick would make such a cockup, that means theres actually 3 no3s so far!.the BASS GALLERY have got one in at the moment, might give them a ring to find out what number that one is?.short of that its on to warwick with this one.mines signed by hans peter wilfer and is a great stunning bass.I wonder if theres been any other limited edition cockups?They are supposed to be 2003 but this makes me wonder?

MB1.

[quote name='finnbass' post='24528' date='Jun 28 2007, 04:45 PM']Oh dear!

There is something funny going on, because I have number three sat on my lap as I type :)

Mine is number 3 of 178 however???

Could it be that different countries/continents had different allocations?

Or have we all been shafted?

That auction looks genune to me...[/quote]

The auction looks genuine to me too, it's collection only so enless the guy plans on mugging the winning bidder when he meets up with them I reckon it's fine.

If you read the add again his is 3/167.
Maybe the numbering system is different to what you might initially think?
Perhaps 3/ refers to 2003 and the figure after is the production number.

Dunno really just thinking out loud.

Pete.

Problem solved.

It is exactly as Gazm suggested. This is a limited edition of 300 basses and they all seem to have the 3/XXX format.

Check out [url="http://www.warwickbass.com/basssurvival101/prod_thumb_bb2003.htm"]http://www.warwickbass.com/basssurvival101...humb_bb2003.htm[/url] and if you look at [url="http://www.warwickbass.com/basssurvival101/thumbbb2003-2.htm"]this picture [/url]you can see the same format number again on the 'number 1' bass.

Hope this helps,

elom

Edited by elom