Why become a member? ×

Cash converters find :-)

dudewheresmybass

I was in town yesterday and went for my usual stroll around cash converters.
To my surprise I saw a boss hm2 with box for £10!!
Needless to say it left with me.
This now means that I now have four! They all sound different too! There are three MIT and one mij.
I know these threads are worthless without pics, so

Img/http://s178.photobucket.com/user/dudewheresmybass/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/1E3D5C1D-FAC4-4697-8DBA-38AE2983EC78.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w262/dudewheresmybass/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/1E3D5C1D-FAC4-4697-8DBA-38AE2983EC78.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D/img

What other bargains have you lovely people found in cash converters and the like?

Edited by dudewheresmybass

My best find was a Kat Midi Kiti Pro (drum trigger to midi converter) for £15. They didn't have a clue what it was. Sold it on ebay a few years later for quite a lot more.

My local CC don't tend to have bargains though.
It currently has a nice looking Squire PJ. Black/tort/rosewood for £150.
If it had been a maple board it'd be in my house by now

They did sell and Orange Dark Terror head for £99 though

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1392773007' post='2372667']
The only exception being 'at the gates' type Gothenburg style metal.
[/quote]

From the ages of 13 to 16 I only listened to At the Gates... In my mind at the time everything else was inferior so why bother?

Edited by CamdenRob

I once got a Trace Elliott 715 combo in a local Cash Converters - [b]price on the ticket was [u]£200[/u][/b] - "[i]I'll take it...what's the best price?[/i]" says I - "[i]I'll take £160..[/i]." replies the Salesman (remember I was going to take it at £200)...

You can see why he's a Salesman in CC and not a Rocket Scientist!!

eBay has pretty much killed the Cash Converters bargain. The only exception I've had recently was a Logan String Melody II, an almost forty year old string synthesiser, that must have been obscure enough that they didn't know what it was. The guy in the shop thought it was some sort of electronic organ, and I got it for £75. Stick it through a phaser pedal and it sounds awesome.

And on the subject of the HM2 pedal, a 12 string electric guitar sounds great through one of those. A more typical distortion pedal just turns a 12 string into a wall of toneless noise, but the HM2 kind of makes it "sizzle".

Edited by chriswareham

[quote name='chriswareham' timestamp='1393545562' post='2381870']
Logan String Melody II... I got it for £75[/quote]

[b]Wow![/b] Nicely done. I've often tried to buy a Logan (for cheap). I have a Roland RS-09 which I like a lot, but would very happily own more string synths, especially the Logan.

Back in the day, when I lived in Spain, a friend once told me his family had some old "Yamaha organ" in their garage from some embargo case ages ago (his dad was a lawyer), and that it had been sitting on a shelf in a bin bag for years. I said, oh, yeah, great, would love to take a look. The next time we were up there at their house, I mentioned it, and he said, oh, yes, let's take a look. Here it is, you have it, it's no use to us.

It was a Korg MS-20.