Why become a member? ×

Hartke LH500 head in flightcase £200 (2 x 112 GK Neo Cabs NOW SOLD).
£600

BlindTiger

[attachment=155052:Photo 11-02-2014 20 59 23.jpg]

Bought this fantastic rig last summer off Valhalalf and have only used it at a few rehearsals since, so hasn't seen much more action really. Selling as I'm looking to downsize to a combo. Both cabs come in roqsolid covers and head is in a pro quality flight case. Will throw in mains, speakon leads etc, so everything is good to go once bought. Paid Alex £640 for this but will accept £600 as long as buyer can collect (or maybe we could meet halfway within reason - i.e. no more than hours drive away)! It really is a great sounding rig, I'm just after something 1 piece and therefore more practical for my needs at the moment. I'm in Failsworth (near Manchester).

Cheers for looking!

Jamie

Edited by BlindTiger

• 2 weeks later...

Compared to the last cab I owned (an Ampeg HLF 410), this is definitely brighter and clearer sounding, especially with the tweeter turned up! I personally prefer it as I sometimes found the Ampeg could get a bit muddy/rumbly sounding at times. Saying that though, the Hartke head does do a great job of warming up the sound, with its pre valve section, making a killer combination really. I do really do like the clarity and bright sound, which you get from GK, which is why I'm planning on buying a GKMB212 combo, with the funds from the sale of this (and warming it up with VT Bass pedal if need be). Cheers,

Jamie

Both cabs sold. Now just need to try and get rid of the head! Fyi, when I bought it off Valhalalf last year, he had recently put a new valve in the preamp section. Its in mint condition as its been in the pro quality rack case all it's time.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Great amp this one. If Hartke ever did a lightweight portable combo using this amp I'd be all over it.

I replaced the original pre amp valve with a JJ ECC803s which gave it a lot more headroom for a cleaner tone.

If anyone is looking for a straight up, no nonsense loud amp with warm tones grab this one.