Why become a member? ×

For sale: Ibanez Promethean 5110C Bass combo- Sold Pending
£350

Old Horse Murphy

For sale is a very recently acquired Ibanez Promethean 5110C bass combo that I bought from our very own Eude.

These combos are superb and capable of pushing out 250w in the combo format, but with an extension cab, or the completely detachable amp being used with another cab altogether can go t 500w at 4ohms.

The combo weighs in at just under 10kgs and comes with a very well padded carry case.

This is super either for practice or small gigs. It also comes with an aux input and headphone socket for practice purposes. It also has a built in angled stand.

Easily loud enough for small gigs and great for electric and acoustic/double bass. It's in super condition and well-looked after. It's also built like a tank.

I had every intention of keeping this, but a in a fortunate position as my wife has just bought me another combo to use :)

I paid £350 for this and would like that back. These come up rarely and as this is a first run production model, it's desirable.

Available for pick up or meet in either Woking (weekends) or Bristol (week days).

Apologies to Ewan for "borrowing" his photos :)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

Apologies to everyone who has shown interest in the combo. I'm not being rude in not replying but unfortunately a huge tree fell on my car last week and pretty-much destroyed it.

Unfortunately both my Promethean and a Berg cab and Status bass were in the boot at the time and I can't actually access the car yet to see whether everything is intact, which is very doubtful given the external damage :(

I will keep everyone posted though

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1392643995' post='2370958']...a huge tree fell on my car last week and pretty-much destroyed it...[/quote]

Really now, I seen some excuses in the past, but this one..! :rolleyes:

No, seriously; well done for posting the info, a shame about the car; hoping it's covered by your insurance and that the contents escape damage. Just as well no-one was in there at the time..! Quite a storm, eh..? :huh:

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1392643995' post='2370958']
Apologies to everyone who has shown interest in the combo. I'm not being rude in not replying but unfortunately a huge tree fell on my car last week and pretty-much destroyed it.

Unfortunately both my Promethean and a Berg cab and Status bass were in the boot at the time and I can't actually access the car yet to see whether everything is intact, which is very doubtful given the external damage :(

I will keep everyone posted though
[/quote]

Bloody hell, glad you weren't in it at the time and I hope your gear is OK, will your car insurance cover damage to stuff in the car as well?

All the best :)

John

• 3 weeks later...

Well well well!

Apologies for the delay in replying, but things have been rather manic.

I am pleased to say however, that the Promethean combo unbelievably survived the tree!

Although the roof of the boot was squashed, it somehow managed to stay intact and weather-proof :)

The Status bass wasn't quite so lucky, but now looks like a headless one, despite being originally headed!

Anyway, if people are interested, this is back up for sale. More than happy for people to try it out, but it seems to work fine and is very loud indeed :)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy