Why become a member? ×

strange question: regarding cordless keyboard /mouse..

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1391544998' post='2358475']
For some reason, the webpage I am on, keeps slipping.(I have to move it back a little)
Any idea why?
[/quote]

Do you live on the coast..?

[attachment=154185:Hous_Subs.jpg]

...or near 'fracking'..? :mellow:

I seem to be getting latency when writing a post. its as if the forum software is missing out letters because I'm typing too quickly, and there is no chance of that with my one finger method :angry:

Is this what you mean ? or is it like my Samsung Galaxy tablet that seem to "bounce" the web page ?

[quote name='2pods' timestamp='1391546630' post='2358502']
I seem to be getting latency when writing a post. its as if the forum software is missing out letters because I'm typing too quickly, and there is no chance of that with my one finger method :angry:

Is this what you mean ? or is it like my Samsung Galaxy tablet that seem to "bounce" the web page ?
[/quote]
Using IE? I know others have reported the same problem.

[quote name='iconic' timestamp='1391586015' post='2358756']
Try firefox to clear typing fault.

[/quote]

Or if you want to keep using IE, click the editor back to plain text (top left button).
Typing issues are gone and if you want to put in smileys etc. briefly toggle it back on.

Works for IE 11 on Win 8.1

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1391607431' post='2359098']
I only got this at Christmas . I use safari btw
[/quote]
I found the Apple keyboard ate batteries, and took to pulling them when it wasn't in use. I don't think the batteries in the mouse went but after 3 changes on the keyboard I reverted back to the wired versions.

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1391626090' post='2359435']

I found the Apple keyboard ate batteries, and took to pulling them when it wasn't in use. I don't think the batteries in the mouse went but after 3 changes on the keyboard I reverted back to the wired versions.
[/quote]

Aha, maybe that's it. Tbh, I never turn off either keyboard or mouse. It's not too much of a problem ,as it is basically new. Sounds like I'll have to change batteries soon, then get in the habit of switching them off .

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1391607551' post='2359101']
Apple sure jinxed themselves with that 'it just works' slogan, didn't they. :D
[/quote]

It's a standing joke in our house whenever the iPad is playing up . . . . 'of course it hasn't crashed, it can't have because it just works' :lol:

Try using the mouse on a different surface (put a piece of paper under it, or something like that). I've seen lots of problems with optical mice where the surface they're being used on seems to reflect the light badly and cause the cursor to move by itself. Even when used with certain kinds of "mouse mat" this can be an issue.