Why become a member? ×

COG Pron Thread

woodyratm

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1426886010' post='2723236']
Finally remembered Tom was holding this for me (funny how these things slip your mind when you're not playing regulalry) and picked it up earlier this week. Stock TK-421 so nothing special inside, badly painted by me. +10 points if you get the artwork reference without looking it up.

[/quote]
Praise the Sun?

[quote name='cana.dan' timestamp='1429730796' post='2754436']
I really want a Knightfall 66. Also, I don't want to bother Tom with this, but what's the difference between a 66 and Dual Knightfall?
[/quote]

It is not a bother in the least matey :)

A Dual Knightfall is simply two Knightfalls in the same box, one after the other, with north-mounted jacks. This essentially gives you clean, A, B, and A+B in a similar width footprint to a single Knightfall once jacks are inserted.
The Knightfall 66 is one modified Knightfall with switchable Gain and Level knobs (via the second footswitch) inside a filtered blend loop. So you only get one channel at a time, but they share common Tone controls so the idea is you get a consistency between the two channels - very useful and usable in a band setting for when you want the same but more.

Hope that helps!

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1429731817' post='2754457']

It is not a bother in the least matey :)

A Dual Knightfall is simply two Knightfalls in the same box, one after the other, with north-mounted jacks. This essentially gives you clean, A, B, and A+B in a similar width footprint to a single Knightfall once jacks are inserted.
The Knightfall 66 is one modified Knightfall with switchable Gain and Level knobs (via the second footswitch) inside a filtered blend loop. So you only get one channel at a time, but they share common Tone controls so the idea is you get a consistency between the two channels - very useful and usable in a band setting for when you want the same but more.

Hope that helps!
[/quote]

Mam hmm I definitely understood some of those words!

Thanks man, will be in touch when I get some money's together.

Absolutely love all the COG pedals in this thread. I have a knightfall 66 with custom artwork currently being built my Tom. I can't wait to get it! He's been so helpful and sends me progress shots which is great!

I see a grand Tarkin being purchased in the near future as well!

• 2 weeks later...

had to post this, even though it's not in my grubby mitts yet, as it just looks immense :)

Sterling Malory ("Duchess") Archer Knightfall :)

...whilst it has been said 100 times before, it still needs saying again. Tom is the man.

Edited by GazWills

I've had my knightfall 66 ( with custom Simpsons artwork) a week now. I've had 2 rehearsals with it and its a game changer!
I use a jazz bass with pro steels and play with a lot of attack,
With the first channel (mosfet at the moment) set at low gain it gives me the most perfect cutting tone with character and depth
Then I have the second channel with the gain cranked (silicon- at the moment) . The best part is the way the second channel is so useable with the first channel- no change in tone just a heavier grindier version of the first channel. So useable in a band situation !
It also sounds great with other drive pedals after it even my ehx bass big muff which I didn't care for before!
It's a keeper!