Why become a member? ×

Signed Bass

peterj219

Just throwing it out here out of interest...
I got hold of a OLP mm2... the usual... but it has been signed on the back by Chris wolsteholme in marker pen... ideally i wanted to give the guitar a new lease of life by stripping and recoating etc...... do you think the signature has any relevance towards the value of the guitar and worth keeping on?
I have no certification but im sure I can get his sister (who works behind the bar in one of my locals in Teignmouth) to authenticate...
What do you reckon?

[quote name='peterj219' timestamp='1391377259' post='2356557']
Just throwing it out here out of interest...
I got hold of a OLP mm2... the usual... but it has been signed on the back by Chris wolsteholme in marker pen... ideally i wanted to give the guitar a new lease of life by stripping and recoating etc...... do you think the signature has any relevance towards the value of the guitar and worth keeping on?[/quote]

Was it signed for the owner of the bass as an act of fandom, or was he an actual previous owner?

I actually think that, despite agreeing myself personally just about all of the views expressed on this subject so far, there might actually somebody in the wider world who is keen enough to buy this bass for a very slightly higher premium because of the signature, but they probably won't be a bass player, if you see what I mean. Muse have got a massive following all over the World, and there may well be someone who is so enamoured of Chris Wolstenholme that they will shell out for your bass when they wouldn't have done otherwise. All you need is for one such person to bite. You would be much better off advertising it on a forum for Muse fans than on Basschat, though.

Could I just take this opportunity to mention ( again) that I have a ( small) bit of Tony Iommi's Ford Cortina , circa 1980, in my possession , given to me in person by the man himself, and I am now willing to consider cash offers for this priceless piece of rock and roll history. Form an orderly queue whilst I prepare my unpleasantly fragrant and unhygienic stick to beat away the disappointed unlucky bidders.

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1391544511' post='2358466']
You have some of iommis cortina? I have a piece of Rob Halfords leotard:) Too much information ..
[/quote]

Leotard tops Cortina, any day of the week!

I don't want to know how you got that dubious memento- a backstage pass is a backstage pass, I suppose- but I just want to let you know that counselling is available. Contact the Basschat member who calls himself "Discreet" via PM and he should be able to help. He may need to know the exact dimensions of the leotard before he can help you , though, and may ask to borrow the garment in order to ascertain those measurements for "scientific" reasons.