Why become a member? ×

what's making this awful sound?

Paddymick

... apart from me.

Morning all.

Played my monthly DB gig last night and was plagued with intermittent distortion problems and volume drops.

Used my usual signal path DB > K&K Bass Max > Fishman Pro Plat > Aguilar TH500 > Aguilar DB112

As soon as it started the guitarist said 'dead battery' so I swapped out the 9v in the Fishman and that sorted it temporarily. Repeated the process in the 2nd set and that did the trick for a bit too. But the problem kept coming back.

After the gig I quickly tried a guitar through my rig and there were no issues.

Set everthing up at home this morning and can't replicate the fault. Even added my p bass to the mix.

So. Any ideas?

I'm thinking I'll get a dedicated PSU for the Fishman snd keep an eye on gain structures. But beyond that I can't work out where the fault is.

If anyone thinks it's relevant it was an irish/roots gig so the bass it there for percussion as much as anything else for a lot of the set. It was getting played hard.

I'm hoping it's not the amp as it's my main amp for electric gigs too. Taking a spare with me tonight. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!

Paddy