Why become a member? ×

Selling advice please.Utter conundrum!

lee4

Ok,as you can see from my signature,I own two basses.
And like a lot of others,I wish to simplify things by having only one.
It looks like the Status will be for the chop,but I have absoloutely no idea of the value of a used Groove with original Hiscox case.
It's got some extra holes where I've moved the strap button,a thumb rest and wear and tear scratches on it which will affect the value.
So,what price range should I put it in?

[quote name='lee4' timestamp='1391202250' post='2354639']
And like a lot of others,I wish to simplify things by having only one.
[/quote]
Who? Who are these people? :lol:

Seriously, I think the Groove basses go for the bottom end of BassBus's estimate. Perhaps a little lower.

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1391247187' post='2354882']

Who? Who are these people? :lol:

[/quote]

Indeed! I am really not that into gear at all, but even so I like to have 2 basses.
My Fender P suddenly started cutting out on me and I'm so glad I've got the Ibanez to fall back on while I get the (not so) trusty Fender fixed.

Unless you're seriously strapped for cash or space, I'd hang on to both. ! :-)

There's a lot to be said for having only one bass - I did for decades and only recently got a second - there is the problem of having to decide which one to play and why, but this is offset by having a completely different instrument to hand. My second bass does things my first bass will not and vice-versa and has a totally different sound. So my conclusion would be to keep both.

On the other hand if you never play it then sell it! ...I'm not helping much, am I? :D

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1391247187' post='2354882']
I think the Groove basses go for the bottom end of BassBus's estimate. Perhaps a little lower.
[/quote]

This is right - the Groove was a Budget model. I don't think I've seen one hit £300 on Ebay, most of them go for around the £250 mark, maybe a little more.