Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash 2014 - With Pictures

Si600

Just confirming I'm coming.
I'll be trying to bring, especially if there is some interest my Pearce preamp, accepting reasonable offers on it. It's on eBay right now http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pearce-BC-1-preamp-Billy-Sheehan-/331193424601?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Preamps&hash=item4d1caa9ad9 .

Along with my rig, some effects, and my ACG Finn Graft.

OK folks, tomorrow is the big day.

12 O'Clock, bring a fiver!

The main car park is on the right as you drive past the entrance gates. If you have a load of stuff to lug in, please drive right up to the building (The door is to the right of the main entrance, it should be obvious) to the disabled parking, unload, then take your car back to the main car park. Obviously you can bring your car to the door again when leaving.

In terms of gear and space, if everything on the list is brought, it will be tight, but doable.
In the unlikely event that we reach a critical capacity, we will stop any more gear from being brought in. Halfway through, we'll encourage folks to give up some gear space so that others can have a turn. Like I say, this is an unlikely scenario.

It goes without saying that we ask people to be considerate with volume of their amps!

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Chris/Simon

1. Si600 - The Bass Relay Baton - BC Bass Relay
2. Roland Rock - W&T Ergon 5, Glockenklang Soul/Barefaced Super Twin
3. 4-string-thing - '78 (77?) P, Kala U Bass and either my Acoustic 220 or Minimark
4. KevB - USA Precision Deluxe (if not sold by then)
5. Doyle - V940, ME-20B, Random self build
6. intime-nick - maybe my Shuker, Sandberg, rack & pedalboard etc
7. Len Derby
8. DaytonaRik - Popping in to say Hi
9. seashell - Fender P
10. Norris - Ric 4003, Gibosn T-bird, StaggEUB, Combo amp
11. Eboclive - Wal 5, ltd edition Warwick fretless
12. GrammeFriday - MTD KZ6 (with Nordstrand pups), MTD AG5, Sandberg Cali fretless 4, MIJ 62 reissue Jazz, TC Electronic RH750, RS210 and/or RS212, some fx boxes.
13. Chairleg - Italia Maranello and one of those build it yourself bass kits I put together.
14. tauzero - perm any several from Warwick JD Thumb, an Antoniotsai or two, Status Series 1 (low-mileage BC bike), Sei Original everythingless, Ashbory Mk 1 and possibly Mk II, Tecamp Puma 900, TC RS112
15. Prime_BASS - Genz Benz shuttle 6.0, barefaced S.Compact some effects.
16. Cytania - cheap Moose Antlers!
17. Chris Sharman - Cake. That is all
18 Dread Bass: ACG Recurve 6, ACG Recurve 7, Alembic Epic, Warwick fortress MM ALL LEFTY (Full Aguilar rig if required)
19. Annoying Twit (self-written looper)
20. TG Flatline - Cog Effects gear + 2 x BFM Jack 15s (transport permitting)
21. Jabba_the_gut (tbc) - home made basses
22. Marcus Bell - Status Kingbass + gb4
23. seb - bass and pedals
24. Basschatfield - Yamaha RBX270J, pedalboard, Ashdown EVO II combo
25. Flex - SVT2 pro, Berg410, Sandberg VM4
26. Mantons Customs, latest MC bass
27. 72Delux - Warwick(s) + GB STL Max 9.2 + cab
28. Zero9 - Warmoth/Status neck Jazz. acoustic image combo/PJB 4B cabs (possibly)
29. Oldman - Ruach Fretted
30. The Hand of John Curley - Gretsch Baritone
31. Marillionred - John Letts fretless 5, Michael Kelly Dragonfly acoustic 5, Lakland 5501

[quote name='Marillionred' timestamp='1399664566' post='2446542']
1. Si600 - The Bass Relay Baton - BC Bass Relay
2. Roland Rock - W&T Ergon 5, Glockenklang Soul/Barefaced Super Twin
3. 4-string-thing - '78 (77?) P, Kala U Bass and either my Acoustic 220 or Minimark
4. KevB - USA Precision Deluxe (if not sold by then)
5. Doyle - V940, ME-20B, Random self build
6. intime-nick - maybe my Shuker, Sandberg, rack & pedalboard etc
7. Len Derby
8. DaytonaRik - Popping in to say Hi
9. seashell - Fender P
10. Norris - Ric 4003, Gibosn T-bird, StaggEUB, Combo amp
11. Eboclive - Wal 5, ltd edition Warwick fretless
12. GrammeFriday - MTD KZ6 (with Nordstrand pups), MTD AG5, Sandberg Cali fretless 4, MIJ 62 reissue Jazz, TC Electronic RH750, RS210 and/or RS212, some fx boxes.
13. Chairleg - Italia Maranello and one of those build it yourself bass kits I put together.
14. tauzero - perm any several from Warwick JD Thumb, an Antoniotsai or two, Status Series 1 (low-mileage BC bike), Sei Original everythingless, Ashbory Mk 1 and possibly Mk II, Tecamp Puma 900, TC RS112
15. Prime_BASS - Genz Benz shuttle 6.0, barefaced S.Compact some effects.
16. Cytania - cheap Moose Antlers!
17. Chris Sharman - Cake. That is all
18 Dread Bass: ACG Recurve 6, ACG Recurve 7, Alembic Epic, Warwick fortress MM ALL LEFTY (Full Aguilar rig if required)
19. Annoying Twit (self-written looper)
20. TG Flatline - Cog Effects gear + 2 x BFM Jack 15s (transport permitting)
21. Jabba_the_gut (tbc) - home made basses
22. Marcus Bell - Status Kingbass + gb4
23. seb - bass and pedals
24. Basschatfield - Yamaha RBX270J, pedalboard, Ashdown EVO II combo
25. Flex - SVT2 pro, Berg410, Sandberg VM4
26. Mantons Customs, latest MC bass
27. 72Delux - Warwick(s) + GB STL Max 9.2 + cab
28. Zero9 - Warmoth/Status neck Jazz. acoustic image combo/PJB 4B cabs (possibly)
29. Oldman - Ruach Fretted
30. The Hand of John Curley - Gretsch Baritone
31. Marillionred - John Letts fretless 5, Michael Kelly Dragonfly acoustic 5, Lakland 5501
[/quote]

Number 29 (me) Oldman will be bringing the Ruach Fretless, the Status Streamline 5 and the Warwick Streamer fretless 5 I have for sale (if thats Ok) your first introduction to Fretless at a silly incept price.

Looking forward to meeting the faces to the avatars.

:)

What a truly great line ups of BC'ers and gear!!

Right from the begining of this, I knew I couldn't go - another pressing engagement but
it looks like it will be a great day.
I went to the Nottingham one, a couple of years ago and had a great time.

Good look to all who attend, I'm sure it will be a great day. . . . . . maybe make it next year!

:)

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1399677196' post='2446716']
[url="http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad353/stg47/IMAG03701.jpg"]http://i951.photobuc...7/IMAG03701.jpg[/url]

Clockwise from Top left - Lemon Drizzle Cake, Batch of Rock Buns, Apricot Frangipan Tart, Chocolate Fudge Cake, Farmhouse Orange Sponge Cake.

How's that Dad?
[/quote]

[url="http://www.smileyvault.com/"][/url]

Bon appetit. :gas:

Edited by Dad3353

Just got home from the bash. Had to leave early but thoroughly enjoyed the time I had there. Great to meet other BC'rs in person and see some quality basses and gear. Thanks to everybody for a very pleasant couple of hours, especially the organisers. The cakes were cracking and Roland Rock makes a good cup of coffee.

All the best,

Mark.

A really good event, thanks to Roland Rock and SI600 for all the hard work to make this happen.
Plus the amazing cakes supplied by Mr and Mrs Sharman.
It was nice to put real faces to on-line names and also try out and see some amazing basses.

I had a good couple of hours, good to meet so many Bass players and some sooper gear its great to put faces to names. Thanks to Mrs S for the Cakes and the organisers for setting it up.

A 'Bash' of Bass Players.

Sold my Warwick Fretless so there's a donation on its way.